Everything In A Neat & Orderly Fashion...

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was motivated by the 'Laundry' thread to start this one up.

Does anyone else, besides yours truly, hang their clothes according to colour? Like all the white shirts/blouses together, followed by everything beige, then yellow, brown, pink, red, purple, green, grey, blue, black?...or any other order (that just happens to be the order I have mine in). To me it just makes sense to do this...if I'm looking for something blue...then I know exactly where its hanging...no need to fumble around looking for it.

What about y'all...or am I just a little strange?

Hilda >^..^<

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do that too plus I hang all the tank tops together, then short sleeves, then long sleeves, casual first and then dressy, in color order

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah yes, I sorta do the same thing in that at the start of every colour I first have the sleeveless, tanks, short sleeves, 3/4 sleeves and finally long sleeves. Sure makes finding what you need easier and quicker!

I will say though that I haven't always been this way. Its all because of that durn android Data.
I remember watching an episode of Star Trek The Next Generation in which Data was showing some other crew member how he organized his closet! I just thought to myself...now I LIKE that!

I do the same with the hubby's clothes...although he's never noticed it and if he has, he's yet to mention it.

Hilda >^..^<

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm lucky when my clothing gets folded/hung. Small items get put away, but bigger ones tend to just get thrown over the back of a chair. My closet is long, but has one narrow door, so it's a pain to find stuff as it is. It's easier to keep stuff on drying racks and over the kitchen chairs. It's a lovely sight, but till I get my house, that's my story and I'm stickin to it!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope I just hang my stuff all over the place, but my LSU clothes are in my LSU room.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't hang by colour, but I do hang every single article of clothing in the closet..even sweaters, pyjamas, pants..everything is hung. I really only need my dresser for socks and underwear

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Ah yes, I sorta do the same thing in that at the start of every colour I first have the sleeveless, tanks, short sleeves, 3/4 sleeves and finally long sleeves. Sure makes finding what you need easier and quicker!

I will say though that I haven't always been this way. Its all because of that durn android Data.
I remember watching an episode of Star Trek The Next Generation in which Data was showing some other crew member how he organized his closet! I just thought to myself...now I LIKE that!

I do the same with the hubby's clothes...although he's never noticed it and if he has, he's yet to mention it.

Hilda >^..^<
That's me - although Data didn't have anything to do with it!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang? What's Hang?
Most days, it's "It's in the kitchen, in the laundry basket!" My mom kept the kiddo one day, and decided to put some laundry away for my (it is usually folded, in the basket
) and the next day, neither I nor my DH could find our underwear!
It was in the drawer!

When I do get it hung, though, it's short sleeve, long sleeve, sweat shirts tank tops (bottom row), shorts, nice pants, skirts, dresses, sweat pants and blue jeans (top row) together

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a different closet for the summer clothes for Neil and I -quasi arranged by color. The closet in our bedroom is pretty much arranged by color to. The shoes that I don't wear much (like sandals right now) are in the plastic shoe boxes. I did major drawer reorganzing this year so mostly everything is tidy!!

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the memories of listening to my coworker tell about her life with ocd. she also did the same for her shoes(kept them in boxes and would clean them after each use and then put it back in the "color order") well to her defense it was either her ocd or my cat obsession. I keep all my clothes folded(or thrown,,,) on a workbench that i covered with a blanket next to the washer. works out easier then trying to get into my closet without the cats going in. also keeps them less hairy.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I definately hang by colour, but a given colours location in the closet changes all the time (because for example, ill wear 3 pink shirts which is all I have, and then put them away somewhere else...
I also sort by shortsleeve/longsleeve for colours I have lots of (blue, white, black, red)
I keep socks,lingerie, pajamas, and workout clothes in my dresser. Its a DISASTER in there!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

I do that too plus I hang all the tank tops together, then short sleeves, then long sleeves, casual first and then dressy, in color order
Yeppers! I used to put them in rainbow order but now it's just colorized. I started this after working the floor in retail.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One good think about having clothes arranged by color is you can see how many items one has of a certain color (I do not need more green shirts!!)