TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Help us name our new furbaby!!!!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help us name our new furbaby!!!!!!!!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Well, last night Colin and I got to meet our new furbaby!! He's a doll! Hehe and he's also a doggie!There are actually two of them...Digger and Brownie. But we are only planning on keeping Digger for right now. He seems to be clicking better with us and the other animals (but no worries!!!! brownie will be taken to the shelter i volunteer for and our vet will be getting him all the help he needs (he has some medical problems- he got loose at his former owners house and got hit by a car -so he walks with a limp./ and he also has a nasty ear infection that i've been keeping tabs on since he arrived last night- cleaning his ears and giving him medicine for it) So for now that seems to be the plan.Also- there's more wonderful news- both pups are EXCELLENT around kitties!!!!! Which will make Brownie highly adoptable once he is treated for his medical issues and placed up for adoption! And this also makes me really comfortable having Digger around my kitties- he is such a gently little guy! They love my little foster kitten Kolar. They are exceptionally gentle, not food aggressive at all, do not beg or jump, and they are also very even tempered. I'm sooo estatic!! I was really worried about what kind of temperment they'd have- but so far so well! Fosters loves having little friends around too! So as far as i know right now- Brownie will be going to the shelter to get some much needed medical attention and then be placed up for adoption! We will make sure he finds a wonderful home! And as of right now,Digger will be staying with us! Tonight they are doing wonderful!!! I've been working with them all night (and Fosters too.) We've been working on "sit" "stay" "shake" and "gentle" They're all doing wonderful!! Fosters already knows his commands- but since we're introducing a new dog- we want to make sure we reinforce what he already knows.All is going lovely so far!!!

So here's where ya'll come in. I HATE Digger's name- so we are going to rename him. We were thinking that we'd like to have a name with the same last syllible "er" so that it's easier for him to adjust to his new name. Or a name that is "drink" related like Fosters is. I wish I had pictures to share with ya'll- but as of recently- i've been using the camera on my cell phone. But in the last week i've had a problem when i try to text my pictures to my photobucket account. I haven't been able to recieve text messages eithor- so as soon as the roads clear (we had snow/ice last night!) i will go see what Cingulair can do Till then- Digger looks like a little minature Dingo- he's adorable - blonde, and he has pointy ears, short hair, and a really fluffy tail! So cute!! / And brownie is prescious! He looks like he's got hound in him- he's brown and then he has white patches of fur with little brown spots He's a doll! We won't be renaming him as he is going to the shelter soon and he already knows his name Thanks in advance! After I see a few suggestions Colin and I like- i will create a poll!!

here's the link to the origional thread about this:http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=111000
post #2 of 19
Thread Starter 
any suggestions??
post #3 of 19
LOL all that came to mind is Lager
post #4 of 19
My brain is fried & I keep thinking Digger over & over....boy am I helpful tonight!

Anheuser?
post #5 of 19
Yay! Okay I have no idea on what to name him (sometimes I wish I could change Baylee's name) but yay for Digger!
post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Until I am able to post a picture of Digger- here's a picture of his look-a-like! I swear! He looks identical to a dingo! Hehe, he's like our little mini-dingo! He looks exactly like the dingo in the first picture- only smaller Keep those name suggestions rolling!!

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/dingo.htm
post #7 of 19
I am with the other poster, Lager sounds good, lol
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
hehe all 3 pups are sound asleep! so cute! they're all getting along swimmingly! i might see if i can talk colin in to keeping brownie! Digger's alseep on a recliner, brownie in the floor, and fosters is 1/2 way in my lap snoring they all LOVE the kitten too! It's soo sweet! I've never seen soo many dogs, so big really like kitty cats before! It's really nice!

Oh yes, and Colin has added a name suggestion for the night: Dingo Berry

I said i'd compromise and we could call him "Dingo" since he looks just like one He doesn't really look like a Lager/ We'll see. If we keep Brownie- we will rename him too. Keep the suggestions comming!
post #9 of 19
I really hope that you are able to keep Brownie too, they both sound like they are wonderful, and they both sound like they will love their new home.

Keep us updated on their new names and how they are doing.
post #10 of 19
Dingo Berry is a good name!
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post

Oh yes, and Colin has added a name suggestion for the night: Dingo Berry
When I read "er" and "blonde" I thought of Powder (maybe too prissy for a male ). But Dingo Berry (dingleberry..ha ha) or just Dingo sounds good. You could mix them and get Dinger and that's a lot like Digger.
That's a pretty dog!
post #12 of 19
Yo, StarryEyedTiGeR! Phat, here again. Since we're talking dogs, I must pass this on. I do not have dogs (would like to have a couple right now but not enough room or time).

Anyway, I recently read a book recommended at Paws and Reflect, murder mysteries by Lee Charles Kelley. (I'm not digressing, really). The protagnonist is a dog trainer and so is the author in real life. I was intrigued with the suggestions in the novel on training dogs. He has a web site with some tips. Check it out. His fiction is fun, too. http://www.leecharleskelley.com
post #13 of 19
I keep thinking of Dingle-berry too...which is a poop that keeps clinging to the bum!!!!

My friend had a wonderful golden lab named Molson (you, know after the Lager), which I thought was a great name. And another name I just thought of would be Brewski.

I'm sure he's lovely! Congrats to you, and I hope Brownie can heal-up nicely, and find his forever home soon too!
post #14 of 19
Well since Fosters is an Australian beer (a gross one at that ), and a dingo is an Aussie dog, you definitely need an Australian name! So sticking with the beer theme, here's some other Australian beers:

Hahn
Coopers
Cascade
James Squire (just Squire for a dog?)
Crown Lager (also known as Crownie)
Toohey (pronounced Too-ey)
Bundaberg is a rum and they do ginger beer and is just known as "Bundy" which could be a good dog name!

I reckon Crownie, Bundy or Cooper/s
post #15 of 19
I had a friend with a dog named Molson too
Nikki good luck with your new fur baby!
post #16 of 19
Congrats, Nikki!! what about Rambo?
I can't wait to see pics!!
post #17 of 19
After seeing this photo and his coloring the first name that came to me is Honey tho that may sound like a female. He looks like a big brute, what about Brutus, that sure is male and very strong.
post #18 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSULOVER View Post
I really hope that you are able to keep Brownie too, they both sound like they are wonderful, and they both sound like they will love their new home.

Keep us updated on their new names and how they are doing.
I hope we are able to keep him too! They're all doing wonderful!!! Colin as them outside right now grooming them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons89 View Post
Dingo Berry is a good name!
Colin sure seems to think so too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Locani View Post
When I read "er" and "blonde" I thought of Powder (maybe too prissy for a male ). But Dingo Berry (dingleberry..ha ha) or just Dingo sounds good. You could mix them and get Dinger and that's a lot like Digger.
That's a pretty dog!
You know- Dinger sounds really cute! I'll run that one by Colin and see what he thinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Locani View Post
Yo, StarryEyedTiGeR! Phat, here again.Since we're talking dogs, I must pass this on. I do not have dogs (would like to have a couple right now but not enough room or time).

Anyway, I recently read a book recommended at Paws and Reflect, murder mysteries by Lee Charles Kelley. (I'm not digressing, really). The protagnonist is a dog trainer and so is the author in real life. I was intrigued with the suggestions in the novel on training dogs. He has a web site with some tips. Check it out. His fiction is fun, too. http://www.leecharleskelley.com
Thankyou for the suggestion!!!! I will definitely check into that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie130 View Post
I keep thinking of Dingle-berry too...which is a poop that keeps clinging to the bum!!!!

My friend had a wonderful golden lab named Molson (you, know after the Lager), which I thought was a great name. And another name I just thought of would be Brewski.

I'm sure he's lovely! Congrats to you, and I hope Brownie can heal-up nicely, and find his forever home soon too!
Thankyou. And uh yea- that's exactly why Colin wanted to name him that He thought it'd be hystrical to name a dog after poo. I told him no lol. / Molson and Brewski are cute names!! I'll see if Colin likes those too!! / Brownie is doing better this morning. I've been keeping his ears clean and giving him medicine for them- he seems to have a much better appetite now. He will be checked out by a vet soon (reguardless of if we keep him or not- we're definitely making sure he gets the treatment he needs.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Well since Fosters is an Australian beer (a gross one at that), and a dingo is an Aussie dog, you definitely need an Australian name! So sticking with the beer theme, here's some other Australian beers:

Hahn
Coopers
Cascade
James Squire (just Squire for a dog?)
Crown Lager (also known as Crownie)
Toohey (pronounced Too-ey)
Bundaberg is a rum and they do ginger beer and is just known as "Bundy" which could be a good dog name!

I reckon Crownie, Bundy or Cooper/s
Thanks gorgrous! I knew you'd have some good Aussie suggestions!!!!!!!! I really think Squire sounds adorable!!! (Cooper is cute- but that's my nephew's name So we can't give the doggie the same name.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
I had a friend with a dog named Molson too

Nikki good luck with your new fur baby!
Thankyou!!!!!!! Colin and I appreciate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy View Post
Congrats, Nikki!! what about Rambo?
I can't wait to see pics!!
As soon as I get a chance to head over to the Cingulair store- i'm hoping i can get the text problems fixed so i can text some pictures to my photobucket acct. And I believe I figured out what breed he is by the way I believe he is a Carolina dog! They look just like Dingos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRussa View Post
After seeing this photo and his coloring the first name that came to me is Honey tho that may sound like a female. He looks like a big brute, what about Brutus, that sure is male and very strong.
Aww he's not a brute at all - he's not the pup pictured on that site- i just found one that looked like him and gave ya'll the link so we could come up with names until i can get a picture posted. He's actually smaller than Fosters our Aussie/Collie mix He looks like a mini-dingo!We think he's a Carolina Dog. The Carolina Dogs are called "the American Dingo" haha so i belive we've got it figured out what he is!
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Just to update too- They all ran around for several hours this morning with Kolar the little foster kitten! OMG they LOVE the kitty! They took turns bathing him and giving him kissies and Kolar snuggled up with them and took a nap! Sooooo cute!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Help us name our new furbaby!!!!!!!!