Meowmy Please, I Can Speak For Myself!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't possibly be the only person..uh excuse me...puurrrson who makes up 'voices' for their kitties...am I? My kids think I'm nuts because I speak for my kitties. And of course I'm always asking them questions...aaaaand answering on their behalf as well. My hubby says that one of these days Elora is actually going to answer me and there's just no telling what that'll do to me!

Now come on y'all...I'm not the only one...right?

Hilda >^..^<

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
u are not alone, any time the kitties sneeze meow, anything we hold conversations its funny because most of the time i tell my mom wat the cats want
my dad thinks i am nuts but hey i love my animals
i am always having some sort of coversation with them

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talk to them but I don't answer for them. I just pretend they are answering and keep on withthe conversation!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gee - don't your cats answer you? Mine do! We have quite the conversations sometimes, although it would be better if I actually understood what they were saying!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Gee - don't your cats answer you? Mine do! We have quite the conversations sometimes, although it would be better if I actually understood what they were saying!
Mine answer too .........although I can only imagine what they are saying ........

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup-- all mine have their own "voice" that I use specifically for them too

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your definately NOT alone!
I talk to them and Wickett usually talks back. He tells me all about his day when I get home from work.

Then Matt & I both talk for them when their being onry. Like if Frankie is sitting in the kitchen giving me her "feed me" stare and one of us notices we'll speak for her. Or is Wickett is being crazy or harassing Frankie we'll say what we suspect he's thinking is this silly squeeky voice. What makes me feel better about it is that my fiance does it to so he doesn't think I'm bonkers for doing it.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're not crazy until you've been caught talking to the deaf kitties!

All my cats have "voices"....most of the shelter kitties do as well, but only since we're down to about 12 cats for adoption!!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

All my cats have "voices"....most of the shelter kitties do as well, but only since we're down to about 12 cats for adoption!!
hopefully they will all get adopted ASAP!!!!!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Whats funny about my kits "voices" is that Matt and I use the same voice as eachother and we use it for both kitties so they don't have "unique voices".

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
is it bad that I actually answer the imaginary questions I think the cats are asking me for example:

"yes I know i'm late"
"Yes I'm getting the food"
"no you can't have more"
"no I am not drowing when I step into the shower"

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kits are very vocal and speak for themselves - and I'm starting to learn what they are saying by asking them questions and watching/listening to their responses! Cat body language is extremely telling!

Ferris has become quite demanding, and "tells" me what to do on a daily basis now!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

is it bad that I actually answer the imaginary questions I think the cats are asking me for example:

"yes I know i'm late"
"Yes I'm getting the food"
"no you can't have more"
"no I am not drowing when I step into the shower"
I do that, too!!

Originally Posted by GingersMom

Ferris has become quite demanding, and "tells" me what to do on a daily basis now!
All of my boys do!! Boy kitties that is!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

All of my boys do!! Boy kitties that is!
I wonder if it's a boy thing cuz Wickett is very vocally demanding. Frankie just stares.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Meclhett doesn't talk much - he usually only speaks to the babies to tell them to stop harrassing him!!! (His language is terrible!!) Max normally only talks when he is looking for me, and will sing to me whilst I am in the bathroom. Ben tells me when he had brought me a fat juicy worm to admire.

Paddy talks constantly - he is a total chatterbox and does not stop. I only have too look in his direction and he tells me his life story!!

We have great long conversations together, it is lovely, especially when my fella and the kids are all out, and I am left with no humans to talk to - most of the time the cats make more sense than the people anyway!!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have conversations with my girls. Mooch talks back quite a bit if she's in the mood. Noodles also does sometimes. I don't usually talk for them. I talk to them a whole lot though!

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Stanley is the talker in the family. He will follow me around meowing. Sometimes I hold a conversation and other times I look to him and ask "what?" and he'll meow.. then "what?" and another meow. It's pretty cute.

Sadie "chirps" every now and then. She has a very soft meow.