Do You Like British Comedies?

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We get a lot of great British comedies here on BBC Canada, and I must say, there's nothing like them! They have a very dry sense of humour that is very hilarious!

My favourites are Are You Being Served and Keeping Up Appearances! I just love Hyacinth! Are you free, Mr Humphries?
My parents love The Days of Wine and Roses, but I've never managed to catch that one!

Do you like British comedies?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and The Office ........... the version in the US that copied the Btitish version is not nearly as funny as the British one.

AND I LOVE Hyacinth and Richard!!!!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Britcoms!

Sometimes, when I come home from work, I need to wind down, as I come home late at night and Blackadder is on - I love watching Hugh Laurie in his early days! I guess Rowan Atkinson is okay, but I just LOVE Hugh Laurie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pami;1567558 said:
and The Office ........... the version in the US that copied the Btitish version is not nearly as funny as the British one.

The remakes are never as good, are they?

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love "Are you being served?". It's actually quite old, I remember seeing it in the very early days of cable television, like, early 1980's. And I still laugh as much seeing it today as I did then

If you like British comedies, and are the least bit a fan of science fiction...then you just have to try to find "Red Dwarf"....it is hilarious

pepper girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

My favourites are Are You Being Served and Keeping Up Appearances! I just love Hyacinth! Are you free, Mr Humphries?
OMG...I absolutely
LOVE
those two shows!! I use to watch them all the time!! Out of all of my friends I was the only one who use to watch them, everyone thought I was a bit odd for watching them. I thought they stopped showing them over here. What channel do they come on?

Hyacinth is hilarious!!! That woman is a total neuro
I am torn though, between Mr. Humphries and Mrs. Slocom (sp?) as my favorites
Their both SO funny!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes i watch love them, well i have to being one

One Foot in the Grave

Fawlty Towers

Dead Ringers

Harry Enfield

Only Fools and Horses

The Royle Family

The Vicar of Dibley

Absolutely Fabulous

And if you havent heard of this woman before but she comes over there watch her because i swear she's hilarious!!!

http://www.catherinetate.co.uk/

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

And the way she tells people to pronounce Bucket!
It's Bouquet!

Originally Posted by Pami

No most times not.

I love her! The Buckets

Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I love "Are you being served?". It's actually quite old, I remember seeing it in the very early days of cable television, like, early 1980's. And I still laugh as much seeing it today as I did then

If you like British comedies, and are the least bit a fan of science fiction...then you just have to try to find "Red Dwarf"....it is hilarious
I'm not familiar with that one!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's wonderful isn't she? Patricia Routledge is the actress who plays our Hyacinth...so talented! I love her many, MANY facial expressions! What is your fav episode? I have a couple. My number one fav is one that had Hyacinth climbing over brick walls and through back yards and such. I can't recall what or who she was trying to escape...but she was wonderful! And always in her heals (pumps?) and with a lovely hat on!

The other one was where they sold (or were selling) their home to buy a smaller apartment type of home. It was sooo tiny. I remember she & Richard got stuck together face to face in the kitchen area and she just wasn't comfortable being that close....
It was hilarious!

I wanna be just like Hyacinth....she's my hero!

Hilda >^..^<

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pepper Girl

OMG...I absolutely
LOVE
those two shows!! I use to watch them all the time!! Out of all of my friends I was the only one who use to watch them, everyone thought I was a bit odd for watching them. I thought they stopped showing them over here. What channel do they come on?

Hyacinth is hilarious!!! That woman is a total neuro
I am torn though, between Mr. Humphries and Mrs. Slocom (sp?) as my favorites
Their both SO funny!
Isn't Mr Humphries a scream? And Mrs Slocum and her pussy!
We get them on BBC Canada and sometimes they're on PBS.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehehehe yes are you being served is on like everynight on PBS lol late late but i dont mind i am up
i love that show.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Yes i watch love them, well i have to being one

One Foot in the Grave

Fawlty Towers

Dead Ringers

Harry Enfield

Only Fools and Horses

The Royle Family

The Vicar of Dibley

Absolutely Fabulous

And if you havent heard of this woman before but she comes over there watch her because i swear she's hilarious!!!

http://www.catherinetate.co.uk/
I'll be sure to keep an eye out, Susan! I've watched Fawlty Towers - it's a hoot - but haven't seen the rest of them!

Another one that I really like, although "she's" Australian I believe, is Dame Edna! What a riot! OK possums!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooo! I Miss Ab Fab. It was on Comedy Central all the time.

Also I remember when CC had "The Young Ones". That was great

And Red Dwarf. Totally love that. I was bummed when my video of my most favorite episodes crapped out.

My siblings and I joke that my mom is Hyacinth some days.

pepper girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Isn't Mr Humphries a scream? And Mrs Slocum and her pussy! We get them on BBC Canada and sometimes they're on PBS.
Sweet!
I can still catch the shows...I'll just have to try and keep an eye out for when they are coming on.

And now here I'm sitting at my desk here at work, itching to go home and flick through the t.v. guide to see if either show is coming on tonight...God, this day won't get over now

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE ALL OF THEM but my absolute favorite is:

The Vicar of Dibley

Love her, love her

and how about : CHEF I know it was not on for very long but I liked that too!