Feliway Diffuser Steaming?

catabolic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone ever noticed their Feliway Diffuser steaming? I bought one last night and noticed this morning that it is lightly steaming.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have, and assumed that's how it works to release the pheremones into the air.

I am also VERY careful not to touch it with bare skin, as per the instructions that come with the unit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catabolic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't read anything about the steaming so I wasn't sure if it was normal.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK - I hate to sound like an idiot (I know, it's so easy for me)!
I've heard people on here talking about these, and keep meaning to google it to find out what they are. What is a Feliway diffuser? I've never heard of them before joining this site.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

OK - I hate to sound like an idiot (I know, it's so easy for me)!
I've heard people on here talking about these, and keep meaning to google it to find out what they are. What is a Feliway diffuser? I've never heard of them before joining this site.
You can search the forums for Feliway...

It's a pheromone that has a calming effect on cats. It helped de-stress my kits & is used when introducing new kits, etc.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
where can u get this feliway diffuser stuff at?? I might have to give that a try, sorry for intruding on this thread, but like lokis mom i keep hearing about this stuff I just dont know what it was, but now everyone has me interested so where can I find it at????

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got mine on eBay for half retail cost, including shipping.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

where can u get this feliway diffuser stuff at?? I might have to give that a try, sorry for intruding on this thread, but like lokis mom i keep hearing about this stuff I just dont know what it was, but now everyone has me interested so where can I find it at????
I've seen it in Petco, I got it from my local vet's office. You can order it from places like petco, petsmart(maybe?), amazon.com....

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - I didn't know there was such a thing. Jacob is Mr Cool - nothing ever rattles him. However, Löki is another matter entirely. He gets very stressed whenever anyone's here except David or I (plus a couple of selected visitors that he has decided that he likes). Would this calm him down when others were here? My son-in-law said the other night, after Löki was hissing at him, that I'm going to have to get that cat put down some day! I just about hit him!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Feliway might work for Loki! It might be expensive, but IMO its well worth a try!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

How much do they run?
I paid $42 in Petsmart, and just $18 on eBay for the diffuser PLUS a refill.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I paid $30 for the diffuser & bottle of Feliway....another $20 for a refill bottle...

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I paid $42 in Petsmart, and just $18 on eBay for the diffuser PLUS a refill.
Well, it would be worth it if it would calm him down! He has asthma, and when he gets worked up, he's prone to having an asthma attack! He is on prednisolone for it, and I've recently upped his dosage to 1 pill every other day from 1/2 pill every other day, because he had a bad evening where he had multiple attacks a few days ago. I have noticed that I can bring him out of an attack by taking him down the hall to my bedroom and just spending some quiet time with him, petting him and talking to him softly. He usually sleeps all night with me after an attack. I definitely think I shoud try this!