Radio question of the day: 02/02/07

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pay it forward.......do you know what it means and have you ever done it/had it done for you?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes i know what it means. When some one does something good for you like pay something you can't afford or something, then when you can afford it or have the ablitlity, you do the same for someone else. I haven't done it. But i haven't had the opportunity to yet either.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ys I know what it means and it really has nothing to do with money... its helping a person and then that person helping someone else and so on and so forth. I have had people be very nice & helpful to me when I really needed it, so I try to be as nice and helpful as I can, its really just a good way to live your life

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I do, and have helped out folks in several ways. Just last year I seemed to be getting help and assistance needed. I think it does work. And adds good karma to your life.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It means when someone gives you a helping hand, the act of you then in turn giving someone ELSE a helping hand, sort of a chain reaction of kindness. In the movie it was described as "only counting" if it was something that they can't do for themselves, but I think of it in broader terms than that. And I always have it in my head to pay it forward, but I can't remember a time I actually did.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two times that I can remember..

Once in the Tim Hortons drive thru the person in the car ahead of me, paid for my order..I did the same thing for someone the next day.

And also, at the grocery store someone gave me their cart to use without paying them a quarter..and I passed it along as well without getting a quarter.

Not huge things, but they still feel good.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I firmly believe in this and try to do it every chance I get! I believe that what goes around, comes around and when you're doing your final accounting before the pearly gates, every little bit helps! Besides, you can really make someone's day and bring a smile to their face by a little kindness! And because you've lifted their spirits, they're more likely to treat the next person they see with a smile and kindness! It just makes for a nicer world!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup I know, it's when you do something good for others when something good has been done for you, or when you can! I have put a quarter into people's parking meters (maybe giving them an extra 15 minutes, or saving them from a $25 ticket) and I have paid the toll behind me on the turnpike.... At Christmas, I was telling people to "keep the change" of say a $10 bill for my $5 coffee order..... I have ordered lunch for people when I have a bit extra, and I always donate a dollar at Petsmart!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had no idea what that phrase meant ..........

But as far as giving to other, I think it is a must in life!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is the wikipedia definition:

Pay it forward or paying it forward refers to repaying the good deeds one has received by doing good things for other unrelated people.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Here is the wikipedia definition:

Pay it forward or paying it forward refers to repaying the good deeds one has received by doing good things for other unrelated people.
Got it! Ok now my answer above looks stupid

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what it means and I have always tried to live this way, even before the movie came out.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I believe in treating others the way I'd like to be treated too. Not that I expect that but that's how I like to be.

*see my siggy*

Hilda >^..^<