What is a buttie? would you want it as a gift?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
When I was looking through the gifts at the vbPlaza and one of the things for sale was a "buttie" and when I looked at the gif (
), I didn't understand
what it was. So does anyone know what it is and why we would give it to someone (including ourselves)?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A buttie is a very English term for a sandwich - it's the only place I've heard it.

Mmmmmm bacon buttie....

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmm, a peanut butter sandwich sounds good. So yes, I'd want one as a gift, lol, I'm hungry!

It did look like a sandwich to me when I looked at the icon, but I wasn't completely sure.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought it was a pat of butter!!
and I was thinking under what circumstance is it appropriate to give a pat of butter

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what it is thanks to all the episodes of "Keep Up Appearnaces". Onslow was always talking about bacon butties.

Is it a "buttie" because the bread is buttered?

Or because all the calories go to your butt?

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I thought it was a pat og butter!!
and I was thinking under what circumstance is it appropriate to give a pat of butter
I kept wondering when I would ever have the urge to give someone a pat of butter...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I know what it is thanks to all the episodes of "Keep Up Appearnaces". Onslow was always talking about bacon butties.
This is so off topic ......... but that show is sooooooooooooo funny!! I Love it!!!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was a stick of butter. I wouldn't mind having a buttie. I might buy a buttie and a creepy Easter egg for myself!

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Is it a "buttie" because the bread is buttered?

Or because all the calories go to your butt?
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the title of this thread! My brother is going to spend some time in London for his job this spring - I'm sure he'll become very familiar with them.