It has gotten so that I can't read my mail anymore!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this long-time habit - I come home from work, greet my furbabies who come to meet me at the door, take off my coat, and sit down to go through my daily mail.

Well, over just the last few days, an obstacle has been thrown in the path of my early evening enjoyment of sorting through and reviewing my mail. It is a very furry obstacle with a large bottle-brush tail, one orange semi-feral (turning housecat) boy named Ferris.

He has decided that my sitting down means that it is time for him to not ask for, but DEMAND attention from me. He meows and meows, and walks all over my lap, walking in front of the mail I am trying to look at and head butting my hands over and over until I stop what I'm doing and give him my undivided attention for at least 3 whole minutes - or until he feels satisfied that I have greeted him properly.

He is SO insistant, that I have no choice but to laugh with him as he knocks the mail out of my hands with his head butts, and scritch away as my little master's heart desires.

Ginger watches this interaction with disdain from a short distance. But then again, she has never been much for touchy-feely unless she is alone with me, and then she just loves to be gently stroked and kissed. Never in front of Ferris, though.

I never in a million years thought that I would ever have such a "complaint," considering those first couple of months when Ferris was seemingly terrified and/or apparently hated me.

He is definitely turning into meowmy's little loverboy!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... but isn't it worth waiting to read the mail for this?! SOunds like you little feral boy is going to become a big love bug.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He certainly has done a 180. That's wonderful - he loves his meowmy.

Bijou doesn't seem to want me to do my crossword puzzles on the weekends. He insists on getting up on the table and laying right in the middle of my newspaper where I'm trying to do the puzzle. He gets comfy, puts his head on my arm and goes to sleep.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your mail is anything like mine (junk mail and bills) it's not worth reading anyway
Greeting furbabes properly is much more important. I have to spend at least 10 minutes greeting Jaffa. I sit on the floor and start off by stroking him and asking him how his day was. The purrs start straight away and I move on from stroking him to kissing his head (he tilts his head towards me when he sees a kiss coming his way). He then walks around the room purring loud enough to wake the dead and rubbing his head on everything including me. Eventually he's in a trance like state and rolls over on the floor to have his tummy rubbed and kissed. It's quite a performance. He's not even interested in food until he's been greeting properly.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that's so sweet!!!
You're little boy is discovering how loving being a house cat can be.
So, put down that mail and get to scritchin!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is funny about this too, is that he walks up to me, looks right up into my face, and practically screams at me until I sit down so he can get his lovies.

The first time he did this, I thought he just wanted treats, because that's usually what he demands from me, and when I learned that it was some good loving he wanted, well, I just MELTED.

Something new and different every week with this little darling!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

He is SO insistant, that I have no choice but to laugh with him as he knocks the mail out of my hands with his head butts, and scritch away as my little master's heart desires.
Betsy.....it's so great to hear how much progress little Ferris has made. It must make you sooo happy!

Originally Posted by GingersMom

Ginger watches this interaction with disdain from a short distance. But then again, she has never been much for touchy-feely unless she is alone with me, and then she just loves to be gently stroked and kissed. Never in front of Ferris, though.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I for one just love little Ferris and I'd much rather pet him than read my mail anyday!!