I don't know where to put this...but I have a question...

crouchingcheese

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, I now have two cats that I need to find homes for. Neither of them were meant to be permanent fixtures in my house, I just wanted to keep them out of the shelter.

I've asked everyone I know if they'd want the cats, and nobody wants them. They're both desirable, one's a year old male, who's neutered and declawed in front, a very sweet cat. The other's only a five month old female kitten, a lovely little girl.

I can't keep them, I've already got two cats and two dogs. In the place I live, I'm supposed to only have two pets total, lol. They don't really mind other pets, but four cats and two dogs in a small, two bedroom mobile home is rather difficult to pull off easily. I love both of them, and won't release them to anything but the best home, but I really need them to find a home.

Any ideas as to how to get these cats' new homes? If I had the space and time to devote to all of them then I'd keep them in a second, but I originally got them in order to foster them until I found a new home.

All replies are appreciated! Thank you!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CrouchingCheese

Ok, I now have two cats that I need to find homes for. Neither of them were meant to be permanent fixtures in my house, I just wanted to keep them out of the shelter.

I've asked everyone I know if they'd want the cats, and nobody wants them. They're both desirable, one's a year old male, who's neutered and declawed in front, a very sweet cat. The other's only a five month old female kitten, a lovely little girl.

I can't keep them, I've already got two cats and two dogs. In the place I live, I'm supposed to only have two pets total, lol. They don't really mind other pets, but four cats and two dogs in a small, two bedroom mobile home is rather difficult to pull off easily. I love both of them, and won't release them to anything but the best home, but I really need them to find a home.

Any ideas as to how to get these cats' new homes? If I had the space and time to devote to all of them then I'd keep them in a second, but I originally got them in order to foster them until I found a new home.

All replies are appreciated! Thank you!
I would try to get the 5 month old kitten spayed before you place her into a home and charge that as an adoption fee.

There is a really good PDF called "how to find homes for homeless pets" that you can find here:

http://www.natewood.net/Rehome.html

It has information on how to place an ad and a sample contract.

Katie

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you contacted local rescues to see if they will list these two as "courtesty postings"? We list animals avaliable for adoption on Petfinder with a complete bio & they still live in their homes frequently.

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay now wait. I have read some of your other posts. Is this the cat that you posted about that you think is "broken" and terrified of other cats? You stated in that post that he was a one year old male and declawed in the front the same as the cat you are referring to in this post.

or is this Charlie that escaped the first night you had him because he freaked out at the other pets and was missing for a few weeks and you felt bad because he was declawed up front?

Or is this the same cat?

You state in your OP that you were never suppose to keep him because he was just a foster but in another post you state that you adopted him for a cat for your fiance and he escaped for three weeks and you replaced him with Spike but then found Charlie again but he has issues with other animals.

I a confused here.

I did offer to maybe have a home for this cat but deleted it because the person I was thinking might take him has another cat.

I think you need to clear this up if this is the troubled cat with potty issues and a high anxiety to other animals or this is some other cat.