You are not bringing that in!

auntsewissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was on the phone this afternoon, with the front door open, and I see Little Man standing at the storm door. He had a mouse in his mouth! He started pawing at the door wanting in!
The mouse started wiggling but I could tell it was clearly injured and not going to make it.
I shut the door and pretended that I didn't see anything.
When possible, I try and save the creatures before they meet their fate, but this mouse was not going to live with the injury he had so I let Little Man do his thing.

That reminded me of another similar story. I was gearing up to leave overnight. It was already dark when I was packed and ready to leave. All I was waiting on was for Hatteras (not longer living now) to come home. I had the lights out and literally ready to go. Saw her at the door, let her in and I immediately left. I came home the next day to find black bird feathers ALL over my apt.
I found the bird in the kitchen. She apparently had walked in with it that night before, but it was dark and I didn't see or hear it. I even had feathers in the toilet!
Disgusting!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was little, we had a cat bring a BAT into the house... still alive and very scared. that was agood 25 years ago and I still remember the chaos of that night

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I had to deal with a baby bunny that a cat broght in. It ended up in my room. Luckily it took refuge in a corner and stayed there.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stories like these make me extra glad that my kitties are indoor only!

I have a friend that has 9 cats, and they are forever bringing presents to her. Recently she told me about a live bird that one carried into the house before it got away, and the subsequent challenge of getting it out the front door, unharmed.

I was in stitches laughing - and glad it wasn't MY story to tell!

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol @ this - I am having the same issue with my boys - Melchett has never been a bring of gifts - he is too well mannered (and too old now, I think) to ever bother chasing anything, the the babies are another matter!!!

Paddyn isn't too bad, but Max is a real hunter and regularly brings me whatever he can catch - we had a live blackbird flying round the living room last week - my DH had to physically fight him for it, and the bird was eventually able to fly away. He also likes mice and frogs, all of which are plentiful in our neighbourhood

Ben is a strange boy - he has a penchant for garden worms, and races outside as soon as it rains to dig them up - he then brings them onto the kitchen and lines them up on the floor for me. He sometimes leaves them in my shoes as well - I have to check very carefully!! Once he even left one in the open washing machine!!

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat once brought a live OWL into the house. Thankfully he was unharmed and I was able to catch the owl in a laundry basket and take it back outside. I GUARANTEE you tho, Harry was strutting around with pride for DAYS!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you just love the prestents they bring you? My kitties usually leave me "presents" on the steps leading to the back door of my house. I can't tell you how many times I've unexpectedly stepped on guts or some other nasty part of whatever the catch of the day was.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4BadCats

Ben is a strange boy - he has a penchant for garden worms, and races outside as soon as it rains to dig them up - he then brings them onto the kitchen and lines them up on the floor for me. He sometimes leaves them in my shoes as well - I have to check very carefully!! Once he even left one in the open washing machine!!
I've never heard of a kittie liking worms. That's so funny.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only cat I had that I couldn't keep inside was my daughters black cat. No matter what she found a way out. Well one night she got inside and brought with her a rabbit. She took it in my daughters tent and ripped it to shreds. Needless to say the next day we found rabbit fur all over the place and that's it. She brought many things in the house. I'm glad she got all the frogs though. I couldn't sleep with those things croaking in the middle of the night!

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
years ago when marvin was a outside cat he brough home a baby bunny...got him to let it go-minus its tail...week later he brought me a full asult ROADKILL rabbit...he must have dragged it straight off the highway lol... It was definatley killed by a car but he was SOO proud of himself..so figured might as well let him have it... also brought me some mice and chipmunks. My cat dusty caught a few mice in old house(yeah-probably cause we had a cat living in basement who was older and could care less if a mouse ate his food) My mom freaked and came to get me-I go downstairs to find a tail hanging out one side and the head poking out...it lived tho

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

auntsewissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unfortuantly I don't think Little Man brings it to me as a present, b/c every one that I see him get, he ends up eating it. GROSS!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4BadCats

Eeek! That's an odd one!