Too much????

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Instead of having much celebration on his actual birthday, which is in January, the bf opted to have a bunch of his friends over for the SuperBowl on sunday. So far the count is seven, including us, but keep in mind the majority are twenty-something guys who can certainly eat. I'm planning on making:
Appetizers
1 spinich dip served in a pumpernickle bowl w/ bread chunks for dipping
1 sausage/cream cheese/tomato dip served with tortilla chips
pretzles
possibly a veggie tray, cuz though I know all the boys will love the junk, it just feels weird to have no veggies

Entree
Chili with bagette pieces
Pepperoni pizza

My boyfriend says I'm making way too much. I say, it's a 3 hour game, plus preshow, you'll all be drinking and it'll get eaten. What do you think?

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I haven't had a bunch of young men like that over to our place but I think you're going above and beyond the call!!!

Hilda >^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Well I haven't had a bunch of young men like that over to our place but I think you're going above and beyond the call!!!

Hilda >^..^<
Well, it's sort of a late birthday party for my boyfriend. It was his big 25th this year and he wanted to celebrate NFL style! lol

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say you could pick either the pizza OR the chili, you don't need to do both, but the appetizers all loook goooood.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's too much food at all.
it's better than being short on food and they are guys, so I think it would be enough food for them!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Always better to have too much than not enough!! Sounds great to me
I definately agree, better to have too much than not enough, plus, leftovers are always great!

Besides, you can always send the leftovers my way... I know John would eat them!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've cooked for this many guys in this age limit....believe me, there's no such thing as "too much"!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

I've cooked for this many guys in this age limit....believe me, there's no such thing as "too much"!
Well said
I think what you're making is enough for them
Just don't add anything else to the menu- but i definitely think it's better to have a bit too much than too little

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think you are making too much food at all, are any of these guys bringing dates?

Whenever we have a get together we have more food than that, but we always do it where everybody brings something. At least that is the way is it supposed to be, there are some people who NEVER bring anything, but everytime you look at them, they are eating.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Always better to have too much than not enough!! Sounds great to me
I agree, and leftovers can always be used for lunch the next day (or send it home with the guys) BUT

Originally Posted by maddensmom

This is only too true, I know when Matt's friends are over for football, I am lucky if there is any food left by the time they are gone, and that is a regular football week, not the superbowl!