Can you believe these baby skunks? Cute!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A friend sent this image to me via email tonight. Isn't it unbelievable? Not sure who the owner is.

[/IMG]

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my word! They're adorable!
But what in the world are they going to do with them when they get bigger and are weaned
???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Aww!

I almost adopted a descented baby skunk once!
Skunk was my Fred's nick-name when he was a little kitten...for more reasons than just his B&W coat colouring.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Oh my word! They're adorable!
But what in the world are they going to do with them when they get bigger and are weaned
???
Will she train them to use the litter/hay box (if they have one) and to catch mice in the barn? Do skunks eat meat AND veges? I'm curious about the outcome of this story as well.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amazing! It's like she knew they weren't cats, but out of the kindness of love of her heart, devoted herself to them.
Animals are more amazing than we give them credit for! People credit these kinds of things to dogs all the time, but this goes to show that cats can do it too.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Skunks are very popular as pets.
Since there really isn't much demand for their fur anymore, all those domestic descented farm skunks became breeders for the pet industry, just like ferrets did.
They really do make excellent pets, unfortunately, they are illegal in a lot of states.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww they're so cute!!!!!! I hope they can survive in the wild - not sure if I'd want them in my house!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now isn't that something! Mom sure is gonna be in for a surprise if one of her babies squirts her!

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's sweet but when they grow up, what does one do with a bunch of big skunks?
Is this on a farm? You could get them de-scented and keep them as barn skunks. I can just see visitors driving up and seeing a pile of skunks running around the yard.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Now isn't that something! Mom sure is gonna be in for a surprise if one of her babies squirts her!

Those guys are just too cute!
I'd love a pet skunk. Think what great guard animals they'd make - make everyone panic when they see a hoard of skunks running round!