Oh Great... I hit the neighbor's car...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was leaving to take a friend an area rug I'm not using anymore and when I backed out I didn't see a car parked directly behind my driveway. I tapped thier bumper with my bumper and left a scuff mark. They came outside with a flashlight and there is no major damage, thank goodness! Luckily it can be buffed out very easily. I told them we could exchange insuraces and make a report but they said there was no need. That it would buff out and the car is like 14yrs old anyways and the guy said he had enough to worry about as it is.
DH is MAD at me right now.
It wasn't too long ago that I went over to the other neighbors and asked them to move a car that was parked in the same spot and DH got upset with me for asking... he didn't want me to bother them. But I didn't want to hit the car backing out and look what happened!

I've never hit someone before. I've been in accidents but they weren't my fault.
Geez... what a crappy night.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's always no fun to have car-related trouble: but at least your neighbors were nice about it--and it seems like the car was really in your way in the first place. Tell your husband to take a chill pill!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone bumped into us a year ago, and there was no damage to either bumper - you couldn't tell it happened at all. We still had to have the bumper replaced; we were told the integrity of the bumper was compromised, and would not be as strong as it should be if we were hit again.

I know that's not good news, and I don't know what you were driving, but you might want to consider replacing it for safety. If it's a pickup truck's iron bumper it's probably all right, though. Glad you are O.K.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Someone bumped into us a year ago, and there was no damage to either bumper - you couldn't tell it happened at all. We still had to have the bumper replaced; we were told the integrity of the bumper was compromised, and would not be as strong as it should be if we were hit again.

I know that's not good news, and I don't know what you were driving, but you might want to consider replacing it for safety. If it's a pickup truck's iron bumper it's probably all right, though. Glad you are O.K.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
Yeah, luckily I have a pick up truck.. there's no damage to my truck..

Thanks guys... it sucks and he's still mad but he'll just have to get over it

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well at least they were nice about it. Some people freak out at no noticeable damage whatsoever.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry alycia
that stinks- but thankfully there was no major damage and the only result was a few minor scuff marks. also- your dh really shouldn't be mad at you- they parked in your driveway! if they don't want their car hit- they should move it into their designated spot.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Alycia- I seriously thought this said "Oh Great... I hit the neighbors CAT!"

Accidents happen- tell your hubby to take a chill pill!
At least its wasn't major damage- it could have been MUCH worse!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Oh Alycia- I seriously thought this said "Oh Great... I hit the neighbors CAT!"
Yea i thought the same thing.
Glad everything was ok, even the cat

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've done this too- I don't understand why someone would park right at the end of someone's driveway
when I did it, my car got more damage than theirs

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sucks!!! I still haven't taken in our truck to get the small dents pulled out from when Neil hit the deer in October.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw that stinks. I'm glad that it was minor and that they were understanding about it... and sorry that he's mad at you. Hopefully he'll chill soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well after me giving DH the cold shoulder (among other things
) he chilled out last night...

I got a better look at my truck and his car... nothing major at all

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry this happened but its a good thing that it wasn't anything more than it was. Glad your hubby has come around too...I can't stand cold shoulders...giving them or receiving them...such a waste of time I think.

Hilda >^..^<

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Alycia! That really sucks! At least there was no damage and no one got hurt. Tell your DH to chill out!

pepper girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh wow...that does suck! But as everyone has said, at least there wasn't any real damage. Scuff marks would be the least of my worries if I backed into someone, which by the way I've done before and I totally know how bad that can make you feel.

At least your DH has come around, I was given a hard time too when I had my fender-bumper scuff and it surely doesn't help the situation...but all is well now!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I've done this too- I don't understand why someone would park right at the end of someone's driveway
when I did it, my car got more damage than theirs

We have a lot of street parking where I'm at and often times I'm REALLY having to watch it when I'm backing out.

Be glad though you dn't live near ice. One winter I got caught on some ice in a parking lot and tapped a car as I was parking. It only left paint damage so I left my phone number on the windshield.

I never heard from them though.