A Little Scratchy...Or A Little Soft?

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When doing laundry, I use fabric softener sheets on everything...except my bath towels. I prefer mine to be a little on the 'scratchy' side...rather than too soft. Seems to me that sometimes when towels are too soft, they just don't absorb water as well...so I like them without softener.

How 'bout y'all?

Hilda >^..^<

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If you ever want them really scratchy you can stick them out on a clothesline to dry on a day that isn't very windy. It's like trying to dry off with a piece of cardboard then.
I'm not in any hurry to sand a layer of skin off, so in the dryer with the fabric softener sheets

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, when we had a clothesline...I LOVED IT!!! Plus everything smells soooo wonderful when you hang laundry out to dry!

Hilda >^..^<

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Invest in two cans of tennis balls.
Use them in the dryer with your towels and linens, best ever fabric softener for towels and linens and it does not affect absorbancy.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't live without my fabric softener *snuggles*

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Oh yeah, when we had a clothesline...I LOVED IT!!! Plus everything smells soooo wonderful when you hang laundry out to dry!
There's a lot of days I can't use the clothesline. Even if the clothes themselves don't blow off and into the neighbors yard, they end up smelling dusty. Darn Oklahoma wind.

The clothes blowing off does bring and odd image to mind, imagine if someone's.. unmentionables blew off the line and into someone elses yard!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dryer sheets and fabric softener coat the fabric which makes it somewhat resistant to liquids... this might be why you don't llike it on your towels - they don't absorb as well.

We don't use these things since we believe them to be just more man-made chemicals our skin will absorb. Also don't like the perfumes!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm generally allergic to most fabric softeners so I go without most of the time. There's only one that doesn't make me itch and I can't find it all the time.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use liquid fabric softener, 'cause I like mine soft!
But I do run the load through every once in a while without any to get the excess fabric softener out. Apparently, my aunt uses a lot of fabric softener, because last time my parents stayed with them, Mom said you absolutely couldn't get dry!
They pretty much had to air dry