I'm sort of back but never really left

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Good evening / morning / afternoon...

I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I used to post here on a semi-regular basis but I haven't posted in a while. Things are really busy for me these days but I have usually found time to keep myself updated on what was going on here.
(it's ok if you don't remember me
)

So first of all
to everyone because I know people here have gone through a lot lately. I'm thinking of you even if I don't post much.

Around here, nothing exciting. I'm still working on my B.A. in history. This semester is my last and I really have TONS of work ahead of me. I'm usually working most of the time from around 9am to 11pm.
I keep thinking that I will have even more work at the end of the semester but I don't see how that's humanely possible.

But enough complaining. I acutally had a nice couple of days. I found out I got an A on a really difficult paper I wrote last semester, I will be getting a nice chunk of unexpected money soon and I finally started doing interviews for an important school project.

And the cats are fine. Kinah will snuggle on my lap for hours while I study and Joshua likes to lie on my back when I go to bed
What more can I ask for? (actually... maybe some time alone for once
)

I should go back to work soon. I'll try to post more from now on.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Marie!!!

That's weird, I was just thinking about you the other day. Glad to hear that you're doing well and your on your last semester!!!

Welcome back!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back! We all fade in and out of here at times but we all end up back here eventually, don't we?

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back, and good luck in your future studies...sounds like it's going well! Boy, do I remember the busy college days! You're lucky you have time to go to the bathroom, let alone do everything else on your plate!

Glad to see you've popped in!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Hi Marie!!!

That's weird, I was just thinking about you the other day. Glad to hear that you're doing well and your on your last semester!!!

Welcome back!
Really? I honestly thought nobody would actually remember me. I'm flattered!

Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

Welcome back! We all fade in and out of here at times but we all end up back here eventually, don't we?
I have an addictive personality.

luckily so far I only got addicted to chocolate, tea and TCS

Originally Posted by wookie130

Welcome back, and good luck in your future studies...sounds like it's going well! Boy, do I remember the busy college days! You're lucky you have time to go to the bathroom, let alone do everything else on your plate!

Glad to see you've popped in!
I know... the work just never ends, does it? I stop once in a while to breathe, eat, sleep and keep a little bit of sanity but work is alwalys on the back of my mind.
Now I think I'll stop for tonight... I was trying to do some reading but I decided that 10pm is too late to be reading anything that has to do with post-modernism
I might have to find some lighter work for tonight.

Originally Posted by Kaylacat

Welcome back.
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Welcome Back

Hilda >^..^<
Thanks!

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, nice to see you and welcome back! Congratulations on your last semester, and lots of good wishes for you.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Hey!! Welcome back!
Thanks. By the way, I just LOOOOOOVE your avatar. I was completely hypnotized by it

Originally Posted by okeefecl

Hey, nice to see you and welcome back! Congratulations on your last semester, and lots of good wishes for you.
Thanks

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back Marie. It's great to hear your studies are going well and you are nearing the end. Take some time for yourself too though.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Marie, welcome back, I was actually referencing your stinky boy mice yesterday
hope to see you around a bit more

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi marie!!
Good to read that school is almost done!! What type of job will you be looking for after graduation?? (my nephew is a senior in HS and plans on majoring in History too!)
Good luck with your studies!!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Hi marie!!
Good to read that school is almost done!! What type of job will you be looking for after graduation?? (my nephew is a senior in HS and plans on majoring in History too!)
Good luck with your studies!!
I am not sure yet what kind of job I'll get. I am taking a year off and then going to grad school... after which I hope to teach at the university level.

Most of the jobs related to history are in teaching but there are also historians working for the government, for museums, archives, etc.

A history major isn't easy (well, depends on the university, but if it's done right, it's not easy) and students have to learn to read a lot, and to read critically. It's also a great way to improve writting skills.

Good luck to your nephew!