Ahhhhh, my ears!!!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're testing the fire alarms here at my lab today...it was only supposed to go from 5:00 to about 5:20, so I left for an hour and meant to come back to finish some work tonight. But its 6:30 and they're still going!!!!!! What a horrible, awful noise!!
I've got another 20 minutes or so before this experiment is finished, then I'm outta here. I'm trying to be dedicated, but this is beyond me. Some "hold on to my sanity" vibes would be much appreciated!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I hate it when that happens. Sending a triple dose of sanity vibes.

My poor husband had the fire alarm go off this afternoon and it is like 10F outside and everyone was trying to figure out if they should go out or not. Fortunately nothing came of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew, thanks for the vibes. The alarms shut off a minute or two ago. Now I'm pondering whether to try and work a little longer, or run in fear of them starting up again! If they do, I'm out of here. My head is already hurting and I feel partially deaf right now.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Whew, thanks for the vibes. The alarms shut off a minute or two ago. Now I'm pondering whether to try and work a little longer, or run in fear of them starting up again! If they do, I'm out of here. My head is already hurting and I feel partially deaf right now.
Mine always go numb in those cases or ring. I would say go home and rest.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for you - there's nothing worse than the unrelenting sound of a fire alarm when you're right in the building!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a student with autism last year that was TERRIFIED of any type of fire alarm or drill. If he knew one was being scheduled (I learned quickly to NOT mark them down on my calendar, as he would check my calendar daily), he would run outside and lay on the ground, even if it were 3 hours away. Actually, I can hardly blame him, as I hate that noise too!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you my ears Sandtigress, they're blocked from this tonsillitis lol. You won't hear a damn thing

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Sending you my ears Sandtigress, they're blocked from this tonsillitis lol. You won't hear a damn thing
Hahaha, thanks. Anyways, I made it through the dreaded fire alarm test, and now I get to work on a presentation for work tomorrow. At least my hearing is intact.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Hahaha, thanks. Anyways, I made it through the dreaded fire alarm test, and now I get to work on a presentation for work tomorrow. At least my hearing is intact.
You can hear again?

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol Well, in reaction to loud noises, little muscles in yours ears make it so that you don't hear as well. (Yeah, I'm pathetic.
) I hate that feeling, it sounds like you have cotton balls stuffed up your ears! But yeah, that's gone now, and I'm back to listening to Billy talk to me behind the chair.
I wish I knew what he was saying!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

lol Well, in reaction to loud noises, little muscles in yours ears make it so that you don't hear as well. (Yeah, I'm pathetic.
) I hate that feeling, it sounds like you have cotton balls stuffed up your ears! But yeah, that's gone now, and I'm back to listening to Billy talk to me behind the chair.
I wish I knew what he was saying!
Just telling you about his day.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Just telling you about his day.
More like complaining that I haven't been home to give him food and attention.
He has a very whiny meow when I get home.