New kitten

bigdreams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

I'm hoping someone can help me out. We got a kitten a couple of months ago (at about 10 weeks old) and his mom had pretty much weaned them.
But I have an older female cat here who has always acted very motherly. She had a hard life and was a stray for her first 5 years (she is now 10) so I'm guessing lots of kittens.

When the kitten, Quincy, came he started trying to nurse off her. It's been about two months atleast and he is still trying to nurse off her and Angel (older female) is doing nothing to stop him. Everytime he does this and I catch him, I say "No Quincy!" And stick him in the bathroom/my room (both of which he has water and a litterbox" for a few minutes. He knows what I mean and when I tell him no the first time he'll walk away from Angel but then just go right back and won't listen to me.

Why is he doing this? What else can I do to stop this?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If Angel does not seem to mind, I do not find anything wrong with it.
One of my rescues Ichi is already 9 months old and he suckles on my shirt whenever he cuddles.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BigDreams

Why is he doing this?
Probably because he misses his mom.
Hopefully he will grow out of it, but if the older cats dont mind I dont see anything wrong with it either.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They need that snuggle, warmth, heartbeat, some times longer then other kittens, I would,nt be to concerned if your cat does'nt mind. He will grow out of it.