Cats & Cursors..

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I'm sitting here typing away, lil' Mia is trying so hard to catch the cursor on my screen. Its really funny to watch her but as I'm seeing this, I'm a little concerned. Is her being that close to the screen (with all its brightness and such)...is it harmful for her vision maybe? Does anyone know?

Thanks!
Hilda >^..^<

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

As I'm sitting here typing away, lil' Mia is trying so hard to catch the cursor on my screen. Its really funny to watch her but as I'm seeing this, I'm a little concerned. Is her being that close to the screen (with all its brightness and such)...is it harmful for her vision maybe? Does anyone know?

Thanks!
Hilda >^..^<
I just got a new 19 inch monitor. I can remember my first computer had a 13 inch, then a 15, and then a 17 inch monitor. I was wondering the same exact thing but would they have not known this by now if it was harmful? Everything you can think of from cameras to PDAs to phones all have screens that are getting bigger and bigger. I would certainly think that they would not be doing this if it was harmful (to cats or people.) Not to mention radiation, etc...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how harmful it is, but I try to discourage Tomas from sitting directly infront of the tv. What is it with children (and kittens) and sitting too close to the tv?
The cursor is too small to interest him though, but he likes watching kitty vids!