Trout SCARED me this morning!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, yesterday morning when I woke up..walked into the kitchen I saw a plastic bag which Trout had gotten her paws on, and she had chewed a hole through it..

I am thinking OMG she has eaten plastic, and she actually swallows it, she doesn't just chew it.

So I have a had a hawkeye on her for any weirdness..Anyway, this morning I heard her hacking something up..and I figured it was the plastic. This was at 5am..then all of a sudden I didn't hear her making any sound..I'm like "Trout?"...no answer..."Trout?"...no answer..."TROUT?"..nothing.

I panicked, got outta bed, turned the light on in search of her..and then she comes running out of the livingroom all happy and chirping.."woohoo, mom is outta bed!!"

Meanwhile, I am almost losing it thinking she choked or something

:censor::censor::censor::censor:, what kind of cat actually CRAVES plastic?

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess she figured enough's enough!!! you don't need to sleep anymore!

I dunno, lots of cats seem to like plastic!

Glad she's ok...and that you are too!

Hilda >^..^<

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read somewhere that there is a fish oil or something in plastic bags, and thats what makes them crave it I guess.
Orion does the same thing

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well now you know, just need to set your alarm to 5 Am everyday.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

So, yesterday morning when I woke up..walked into the kitchen I saw a plastic bag which Trout had gotten her paws on, and she had chewed a hole through it..

I am thinking OMG she has eaten plastic, and she actually swallows it, she doesn't just chew it.

So I have a had a hawkeye on her for any weirdness..Anyway, this morning I heard her hacking something up..and I figured it was the plastic. This was at 5am..then all of a sudden I didn't hear her making any sound..I'm like "Trout?"...no answer..."Trout?"...no answer..."TROUT?"..nothing.

I panicked, got outta bed, turned the light on in search of her..and then she comes running out of the livingroom all happy and chirping.."woohoo, mom is outta bed!!"

Meanwhile, I am almost losing it thinking she choked or something

sorry Nat, I had to laugh.NOT that she was hacking,but that she has you trained now.She knows how to get Mom up out of the bed for playtime now.

I'm glad she is o.k. and sorry that she scared the poo out of you.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
":censor::censor::censor::censor:, what kind of cat actually CRAVES plastic?"

Apprently Trout does!
I'm glad she's OK, but man, you are sooo trained!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nat you crack me up...Glad Trout is okay

Severino LOVES plastic we have such a hard time with him because sometimes you just forget about the plastic...he goes after the plastic on cases of cat food, and bags and he licks like crazy, and the plastic that toliet paper is in etc. He knocks over my garbage can in my bedroom every night searching for plastic!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Nat you crack me up...Glad Trout is okay

Severino LOVES plastic. He knocks over my garbage can in my bedroom every night searching for plastic!
Silly Severino! Elora does the same thing but with 'used' QTips!

Silly kitties!

Hilda >^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG
What is WRONG with cats? Who even likes plastic
You should see her when I get groceries..its like she discovered the mother load

Well, I am glad she's okay though, I have been worried that it wouldn't allow her to have BM's..There was DEFINATELY some BM in the litterbox this morning though

I sometimes see plastic in her BM
What a FREAK she is...much like her grandmum

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plastic bags are Phantoms favorite toy! she doesn't chew them she just lays in them or pushes them around the house!

Glad to hear Trout was just trying to get you out of bed!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does Trout go as nutso over paper bags as she does plastic? I always have at least one paper bag on the floor. Lily shreds them & had a blast...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whitey is that way with plastic bags too. At first he would just play with it (kind of like a kid jumping in a pile of leaves) when I brought home groceries.

THEN he started eating it. I watch him like crazy as he'll actually figure out how to get close enough (if I put it up high) and start to eat it. I'm worried since my Brother's dog ate some plastic and it wound up getting stuck in her stomach. Needless to say she had to have ER surgery.

Anyhoo, yea, I don't understand whats so tasty about plastic.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Has she been talking to Ferris again?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kaylee loves plastic, and when i say kaylee.. she wont respond but when i say KAYLEE!!!!!? she will start meowing back at me as if shes not doing anything wrong!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Does Trout go as nutso over paper bags as she does plastic? I always have at least one paper bag on the floor. Lily shreds them & had a blast...
We don't have paper bags here..so she doesn't get to experience them..I'm sure she would love them though

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

We don't have paper bags here..so she doesn't get to experience them..I'm sure she would love them though
You don't have paper bags!??! I find that weird...

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Go to KFC, just so Trout can have a big paper bag to play with.

Thats the paper bags I use.