NuVet Labs

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried this stuff? My vet recommended it and said it is a good supplement for cats/dogs. She also said it would help with hair balls since it has natural antioxidants. I'm just a little nervous since I have never heard of it, or have seen/heard of anyone using it.

http://www.nuvet.com

I tried to do a search but couldn't find anything, sorry if it has been talked about in the past.

Thanks in advance!

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are you currently feeding your cat? I would be wary of giving any animal extra vitamins without a reason. I don't believe their claim that most pet foods provide inadequate nutrition.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

For my 8 month old female

and

For my two 9 year old males.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about trying a food that is more digestable and higher quality and nix the viatamins

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

How about trying a food that is more digestable and higher quality and nix the viatamins
I had my cats on Iams, but my vet made me change their food to Science Diet when they got ringworm about 4 month ago. She told me to keep them on the Science Diet since it was better then Iams. I guess Doctor doesn't know best?

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't used the vitamins. However I do know the company since my company does a little business with them. They seem to be ont he up and up with us.

I do agree that Science Diet and Iaams are not the best foods. I feed Wellness.

I love the food because of the quality. And it's pretty cheap to feed considering you do not have to feed as much.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjrocco

I had my cats on Iams, but my vet made me change their food to Science Diet when they got ringworm about 4 month ago. She told me to keep them on the Science Diet since it was better then Iams. I guess Doctor doesn't know best?
Unfortunately a lot of vets know little to nothing about nutrition. In vet school they don't tend to stress nutrition and most vets just recommend whatever the sales folks bring into their office. In some instances though, a kitty may need a special diet and I don't quarrel with that.

IMO, neither Iams nor Science Diet are all that great. Sharky has some wonderful knowledge with foods and if you do a search you'll find mega-good information.