Louie VS. the GingerBread House.....

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I left it up as long as possible. And I have to say, my little boy has been looking for the gingerbread house several times since I took it down.... this was one of his favorite Christmas past times....and although these are not the best photos you will get the drift. We would hear something that sounded like a marble being dropped onto the hardwood floors each night, and I could never figure out what it was....then one night I couldn't sleep and I found the marauder pillaging through the gingerbread house like Hansel & Gretel knawing the gum drops and jaw breakers off of the top. The jaw breakers apparently are great fun to hear them crash on to the hard wood floors and then chase them around until they become trapped under the couch.....

notice the roof, at each cross in the frosting there is supposed to be a jawbreaker....also on top of each gum drop too....

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so funny Heather! Did you make that yourself? Each year Dh says we have to make one and we never do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

That's so funny Heather! Did you make that yourself? Each year Dh says we have to make one and we never do.
yeah, we make one each year....actually DH & Jazzy make it each year, I stay away!
It gives them their daddy/daughter time & tradition....she loves it, and I have a feeling that when she's 25 she'll be saying "dad are we gonna make a gingerbread house this year?" you can get them at Michael's craft store for about $7....we never actually eat it, as it sits out then entire time.....

Originally Posted by Bella713

That is so adorable Heather...Hey Thank God he didn't try to push you into the OVEN!!
ha ha ha!
That's fur sure! I do worry though, some times he looks as if he's going to try and jump into my oven....like if I'm checking on a pot roast or something?!
I am always on the "Louie Look Out!"

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awwwww and i bet you'll be finding sweets weeks later Heather
funny you should mention that....I did my monthly sweeping under the couch....I found 21 jawbreakers & 1 gumdrop!
Then, in my kitchen, under the cabinets, there is a little space from the linoleum and the wood.....you can see about 5 of them still caught in there....and then I felt something UNDER my big sectional rug in my living room....I thought "what the heck?" so I lifted it up, low & behold.....a jaw breaker....
He would barely even eat them, he would only pick them up to carry it a bit & then drop them again....I guess rolling & chasing them IS WAY more fun that eating them....

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, he can't eat them without breaking his jaw! So, he'll just settle for chasing them all over the place for meowmy to find next Christmas to come!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heeh should have flimed it in black and white, made it look like a monster movie from the 50's
very cute

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

heeh should have flimed it in black and white, made it look like a monster movie from the 50's
very cute
He is a little monster furr sure! It took me forever just to get a picture of it....and we couldn't even get mad cause it was so cute! He still hops up on the buffet and walks around looking for his gingerbread house....it's a sin, I was tempted to keep it up just to ammuse him....