Anyone else have this problem?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a fast typist. And a fast reader.

Just now, I replied to a thread, then read all of the current posts in a second thread, and replied to that - only to be told that the site limits posting to every 60 seconds (perfectly reasonable protection against spam) - and that I had 18 seconds left.

Which means I'd read an entire (short) thread and composed and submitted a post in 42 seconds. That's the first time I've done it that quickly, but it happens a lot - more and more in the last few days - which leads me to think that I'm getting even faster.

I don't know whether to be amused at myself, or annoyed. I guess I'll have to learn to love the preview post button.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do that too. It happens with PMs too. I've gotten alot of PMs lately, and when I respond quick to them ,it says the same thing.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea a few times it has.
how about a sip of tea or something to slow down a little?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! i have had that problem! But its okay. It allows me time to run to the potty or go get a drink!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

yea a few times it has.
how about a sip of tea or something to slow down a little?
Very good advice. I get kinda OCD about it, and sit here counting "1001, 1002" etc. Next time, sip my tea. I'll try that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Yep! i have had that problem! But its okay. It allows me time to run to the potty or go get a drink!
TCSers are so wise!

And now it turns out that I have an oppurtunity to try these suggestions.

So, off to make more tea.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm not a fast typist, more fast thinker. I think faster than I can type, so I'll got back and edit, then get told to wait 15 more secs or so.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Oh it's like a commercial break! I'll get a snack next time it happens!

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am a fast reader, and so so typist. But my problem is my extremely slow dail up connection. I load a page then go get another cup of coffee, go to the bathroon, make a sandwich, then I can read the next page. I keep bugging the phone company about getting us DSL. I guess that is just one of the drawbacks to living in the sticks!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it usually only happens in PMs, but of course right after I read this thread it happend in the forum

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That never normally happens to me because I normally get to a thread after a few people have posted and I'm more of a reader than responder most times. I love to read everyone's posts.