I can't do it!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just can't see myself paying $30 for a pair of house slippers!

I'm just too cheap

I want a pair of house slippers that are kinda like booties but I wan't them to have a tougher sole then the normal ones because I go outside with them alot. I've looked at Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target... you name it and they don't have what I want. But I just can't bring myself to pay $30 for a pair...

I'm such a tightwad

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No your not- I won't pay $30 for anything

I'm THE biggest tightwad you'll ever meet. When I get groceries I spend as little as possible- I buy everything offbrand (we can never tell the difference) and usually everything that I buy is under $1.00- $2.00. If its over $2.00, I don't buy it (unless its milk).

I feel guilty paying a lot of money for anything, I always feel that it could go towards bills!

When your on an extremely tight budget like we are (thanks a lot to unemployment....) every penny counts!

So, your not alone!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well think about it this way you get what you pay for, and if you buy cheap slippers and they wear out in a short amount of time and you have to buy new ones versus the $30 and they last a long time what ones do you come out better with.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i say treat urself and go for it although I see ur point I am a cheap person myself
and that is a little much for some slippers, even ordering food though I am cheap I see who delivers and which is the cheapest that I like alot I remember the one day I compared and went back in forth over pizza places for at least 2 hours (my oldest and his family showed up so i had to buy them food too
) Or another suggesstion is talk about it alot to someone and presuade them into getting them for u
or just keep looking around u will find something cheap and good that u like that work just as well

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just remember: after you walk through 3 or 4 pairs of the cheap-o ones, you be wishing you had gotten the pricey-yet-more-durable ones!

After walking through (and subsequently causing leaks in) 2 pairs of $30 winter boots, I finally broke down and got the nice $100 ones. 2 winters later and these ones just won't quit! Sometimes, it's worth it to spend te extra dough.

And plus, Valentine's day is coming up...maybe hint to DH that he should get you something useful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

naked feet for the win
But my feet get sooooooo cold

Originally Posted by lionessrampant

And plus, Valentine's day is coming up...maybe hint to DH that he should get you something useful!
My husband is worse then I am
He'd tell me to just wear 3 pairs of socks

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
two things,

1) i am glad i had my sunglasses on.(those are funny, i think i will order those for itta)

2) why i am looking in a thread that is about foot wear.,

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I need those!!
Then I wouldn't have to turn on any lights so I don't step on any cats!
Knowing my luck, they'd just chase the lights like a laser and I'd end up with a broken leg from trippin on them!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Knowing my luck, they'd just chase the lights like a laser and I'd end up with a broken leg from trippin on them!
At least you could say you had some cool slippers

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

two things,

1) i am glad i had my sunglasses on.(those are funny, i think i will order those for itta)

2) why i am looking in a thread that is about foot wear.,
Because you know you secretly you want a pair of pink floppy ear bunny slippers!

At least you could say you had some cool slippers
And the EMT's could find me in the dark!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And the EMT's could find me in the dark!
Yeah!! You'd go down in EMT history for having the best slippers in an accident

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you think it would get me on Rescue 911?
Do they even have that show anymore? If so, then yes, I think so- that show rocked!

Next, on RESCUE 911

Crazy cat lady with lighted slippers falls and breaks legs while falling over cats... stay tuned!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do they even have that show anymore? If so, then yes, I think so- that show rocked!

Next, on RESCUE 911

Crazy cat lady with lighted slippers falls and breaks legs while falling over cats... stay tuned!
"Update, she was found laying in the hallways with a bunch of tuxedo kittens playing with the lights from her slippers on the wall..."

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try Costco if you have or know anyone with a membership.
I buy indoor/outdoor bootie slippers there for around $9-$19.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

"Update, she was found laying in the hallways with a bunch of tuxedo kittens playing with the lights from her slippers on the wall..."
I need some sleep, also, I think I want to watch Rescue 911- do they seriously still have that show on? I'd be psyched if they did!

I loved the Amulance in the beginning...wweeee ooooo wweeee ooooo... and William Shattner...