Aqua Teen Terrorist Force :)

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched that on MSNBC and it's stupid. I think people are getting a little terrorist crazy. I mean comeon, it's a cartoon for goodness sake. Not for kids, but a cartoon none the less.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The terrorists have won.

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw this a little bit too. I hate that it scared people, but I couldn't help but laugh. If I had seen one, I would have been like " Hey I know that little guy" and laughed. Maybe people need to get more in touch with their inner child and watch more cartoons.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, because little blocks that were meant to be in the Atari 2600 E.T. Game, Meatwad, Master Shake, and Frylock are going to get you!!
Some people need to lighten up just a tad, eh?

rosyc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ha! Ridiculous. I'd like to say "I can't believe this" but unfortunately, I can...

I think this is the funniest part: ""It's a hoax — and it's not funny," said Gov. Deval Patrick, who said he'll speak to the state's attorney general "about what recourse we may have."

Turner Broadcasting, a division of Time Warner Inc. and parent of Cartoon Network, said the devices were part of a promotion for the TV show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force," a surreal series about a talking milkshake, a box of fries and a meatball."

"Recourse" about a talking milkshake, a box of fries and a meatball?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH NOOSSEE!!!! the cartoon people are taking over the world run for the hills.

yea, a case over reacting for sure.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
these people need to lighten up, geez!! I cant believe this, people need to lighten up!!! Its a 15 minute cartoon, well 30 minutes if they show two episodes which they usually do but I think they are just over reacting a little bit !!! That articel on msnbc is just funny somehwat
I cant believe they wanna take further action and everything, people need to get in touch with their inner child and lighten up a littel bit

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's next, banning Robot Chicken? O NOEZ!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just think its rediculous at all the lengths they are going for this, I swear if i seen those packages I would of started cracking up laughing
the guy was hired to put it there i just cant believe he was arrested for it, how was he supposed to kno that anything like this was going to happen !! People just need to chill out and have a good laugh every once in a while and stop over reacting to things!! They got the whole mess straightened out why go and investigate it more if they already kno what happened and everything idk !!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my, its a crime to transfer or possess a hoax device?

hello SPACE calling EARTH , its only a hoax device because people over re acted and someone does know cartoons(ok i admit i still like cartoons)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A HOAX would be if they put them there to play a trick on people. They didn't do that, they simply were advertizing a tv show. They need to stop calling it a hoax.

As I said before, the terrorists have won.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all when is okay to use obscene gestures to advertise anything. I don't particularly care to have something blicking that is giving me the finger. I wouldn't have know what it was. I am sorry I think it was a stupid and ill advised advertising campaign. Especially leaving the devices on bridges.

I ride a major metropolitian subway system everyday. There are billboards, announcements everywhere that tell you DO NOT leave unattended packages anywhere. If you see a package unattended notify the authorities. It is taken seriously. You may think it is silly but I would rather be safe than sorry. They will and have shut down stations if they see something that they cannot identify.

Tricia

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey folks, ever since 9/11 it has been no fun flying out of Logan. Keep in mind that that was the airport where the 9/11 plane took off that hit the WTC so those people are MORE than paranoid. Cripes you can't park your car anywhere near there and they have made it a pain to drive there (some of us do not live in the metropolitan Boston area so public transportation is not an option).

Besides, does the Turner netowrk really need to put little pieces of electronic cr*p on the roads?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree Jen...at least we know though that people are still on the alert.

I wonder if we could transfer the whole 38 signs to...where is Al Qaeda now? Somalia?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2dogmom

Hey folks, ever since 9/11 it has been no fun flying out of Logan. Keep in mind that that was the airport where the 9/11 plane took off that hit the WTC so those people are MORE than paranoid. Cripes you can't park your car anywhere near there and they have made it a pain to drive there (some of us do not live in the metropolitan Boston area so public transportation is not an option).

Besides, does the Turner netowrk really need to put little pieces of electronic cr*p on the roads?
If you lived in the area, you would not be finding this funny in the least.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for Boston but I find it funny in Philly. The can only find 1 of the 15/16 that were put up & they have a list of the possible sites. The two guys who received the shipment from Turner were on the local news. There was supposed to be at least 40 of them.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe a stupid advertising campaign... but maybe not, considering the publicity they're getting now.

If a box of lights shaped like one of the mooninites causes this much reaction, maybe we've gone a little stir crazy?