Poseidon got out!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
as some of you know, I got 2 new additions on Friday, Poseidon and Circe. Well, Poseidon has shown an EXTREME interest in the great outdoors
everytime I let the dogs out he runs over likes he's going out too
and the proceeds to yodel for an hour about how I'm such a mean meowmy for not letting him out
Well, he made his great escape today
on my way back in from getting something out of my car, he took off. Now, I am in my "PJs", which is a pair of thin pants with kitties on them and a tiny white tank top, plus I have on these little blue slip-on shoes, thank goodness I put my jacket on and was wearing thick socks because of course I went tearing after him through the snow, across the street and 3 trailers down.... but I caught him!
little brat!! I will definitely be more careful from now on

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I'm so glad you caught him. Imp! Your heart must have been pounding out of your chest!

Laurie
I was like oh crap! he's only been here for 5 days! what if I can't catch him?? will he find his way home??

Originally Posted by arcadian girl

Ahh no replies yet.. I can be the first to remark upon Poseidon's big adventure today
yeah, Posey's LAST big adventure, too
Originally Posted by Bella713

Ohhh Katie is there video evidence of this, you outside in your jammies chasing a kitty down
I want to see it!! Glad you got your little guy in!!
No there is no evidence!!! although I'm sure it must have been hilarious, me trotting through the snow yeling "Posey!! come here baby" following a huge orange and white cat- I hope no one looked out there windows

Originally Posted by Sicycat

omg how scary! And in the snow even!
Good thing you got him!
poor thing was already shivering when I caught him.... but when I got him home he yodeled to get out again

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

poor thing was already shivering when I caught him.... but when I got him home he yodeled to get out again
Cats can be so smart yet so dumb at the same time LOL.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have an escape artist on you hands.

Stay dressed and ready for the chase at any time.

I am so glad that you caught your sweetie.
He'll calm down soon.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe get a leash and harness for him so when you take the dogs out, he gets to go out too!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a naughty little kittie..sounds as bad as when LG used to get out and i had to go chaseing him.

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you caught him!! I had the same thing happen last night when my roommate got home around 11:30. I was already asleep and she came upstairs, woke me up, and told me she accidently let out BOTH Milo and Mick. So I grab my robe (I don't sleep with much on, so it was FREEZING) and run out with no shoes! After about 15 minutes of chasing them from car to car and to the neighboring apartments parking lot, I got them both. And like you said, both wanted back out once we got inside!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

Cats can be so smart yet so dumb at the same time LOL.
isn't that the truth!!
Originally Posted by xocats

You have an escape artist on you hands.

Stay dressed and ready for the chase at any time.

I am so glad that you caught your sweetie.
He'll calm down soon.
yes I do, sneaky little bugger
I wish you guys could hear him yodel, if it wasn't so funny, it would be REALLY annoying! ok, it is sometimes

Originally Posted by pushylady

Maybe get a leash and harness for him so when you take the dogs out, he gets to go out too!
pffft maybe in the summer! doggies know in the winter its in and out! by the time I got Posey set up the dogs would be done

Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

what a naughty little kittie..sounds as bad as when LG used to get out and i had to go chaseing him.
he's lucky I had shoes on! if I had to go back in and get shoes on there's no telling where he might have ended up
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole

I'm so glad you caught him!! I had the same thing happen last night when my roommate got home around 11:30. I was already asleep and she came upstairs, woke me up, and told me she accidently let out BOTH Milo and Mick. So I grab my robe (I don't sleep with much on, so it was FREEZING) and run out with no shoes! After about 15 minutes of chasing them from car to car and to the neighboring apartments parking lot, I got them both. And like you said, both wanted back out once we got inside!!
good save Ashley!! luckily, I think Posey got a little scared and that was how I grabbed him, otherwise he certainly would kept going

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe Poseidon and Pete should get together for some guy talk about their big outdoor adventures.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Katie I'm so glad you caught him!!! Although, I too wouldn't mind seeing video evidence of "the great chase". In fact, I'd pay to see video evidence!

Maybe if you quit calling him Posey, he'd quit trying to get out! LOL

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear my heart beats out of my chest everytime a cat makes a dart at the door.

Only twice have they ever got out, nacho and Orion. Popped a screen out
Now they are all screwed in.

Glad you caught him!
I'd have been a mess while running after him.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes!! Thats scary- I'm happy you got him though!

Well, this made me think ,
maybe you SHOULD get him a big collar and some grillz, and then instead of a big clock- get him a BIG compass, so if he gets out again, he can find his way home

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you caught him.

You know it could be cause you changed his name,so he wants to get away