TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Poseidon got out!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Poseidon got out!!

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
as some of you know, I got 2 new additions on Friday, Poseidon and Circe. Well, Poseidon has shown an EXTREME interest in the great outdoors everytime I let the dogs out he runs over likes he's going out too and the proceeds to yodel for an hour about how I'm such a mean meowmy for not letting him out Well, he made his great escape today on my way back in from getting something out of my car, he took off. Now, I am in my "PJs", which is a pair of thin pants with kitties on them and a tiny white tank top, plus I have on these little blue slip-on shoes, thank goodness I put my jacket on and was wearing thick socks because of course I went tearing after him through the snow, across the street and 3 trailers down.... but I caught him! little brat!! I will definitely be more careful from now on
post #2 of 27
I'm so glad you caught him. Imp! Your heart must have been pounding out of your chest!

Laurie
post #3 of 27
Ahh no replies yet.. I can be the first to remark upon Poseidon's big adventure today
post #4 of 27
Ohhh Katie is there video evidence of this, you outside in your jammies chasing a kitty down I want to see it!! Glad you got your little guy in!!
post #5 of 27
omg how scary! And in the snow even! Good thing you got him!
post #6 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG View Post
I'm so glad you caught him. Imp! Your heart must have been pounding out of your chest!

Laurie
I was like oh crap! he's only been here for 5 days! what if I can't catch him?? will he find his way home??
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadian girl View Post
Ahh no replies yet.. I can be the first to remark upon Poseidon's big adventure today
yeah, Posey's LAST big adventure, too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
Ohhh Katie is there video evidence of this, you outside in your jammies chasing a kitty down I want to see it!! Glad you got your little guy in!!
No there is no evidence!!! although I'm sure it must have been hilarious, me trotting through the snow yeling "Posey!! come here baby" following a huge orange and white cat- I hope no one looked out there windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicycat View Post
omg how scary! And in the snow even! Good thing you got him!
poor thing was already shivering when I caught him.... but when I got him home he yodeled to get out again
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
poor thing was already shivering when I caught him.... but when I got him home he yodeled to get out again
Cats can be so smart yet so dumb at the same time LOL.
post #8 of 27
You have an escape artist on you hands.
Stay dressed and ready for the chase at any time.
I am so glad that you caught your sweetie.
He'll calm down soon.
post #9 of 27
Maybe get a leash and harness for him so when you take the dogs out, he gets to go out too!
post #10 of 27
what a naughty little kittie..sounds as bad as when LG used to get out and i had to go chaseing him.
post #11 of 27
I'm so glad you caught him!! I had the same thing happen last night when my roommate got home around 11:30. I was already asleep and she came upstairs, woke me up, and told me she accidently let out BOTH Milo and Mick. So I grab my robe (I don't sleep with much on, so it was FREEZING) and run out with no shoes! After about 15 minutes of chasing them from car to car and to the neighboring apartments parking lot, I got them both. And like you said, both wanted back out once we got inside!!
post #12 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicycat View Post
Cats can be so smart yet so dumb at the same time LOL.
isn't that the truth!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocats View Post
You have an escape artist on you hands.
Stay dressed and ready for the chase at any time.
I am so glad that you caught your sweetie.
He'll calm down soon.
yes I do, sneaky little bugger I wish you guys could hear him yodel, if it wasn't so funny, it would be REALLY annoying! ok, it is sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushylady View Post
Maybe get a leash and harness for him so when you take the dogs out, he gets to go out too!
pffft maybe in the summer! doggies know in the winter its in and out! by the time I got Posey set up the dogs would be done
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms View Post
what a naughty little kittie..sounds as bad as when LG used to get out and i had to go chaseing him.
he's lucky I had shoes on! if I had to go back in and get shoes on there's no telling where he might have ended up
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole View Post
I'm so glad you caught him!! I had the same thing happen last night when my roommate got home around 11:30. I was already asleep and she came upstairs, woke me up, and told me she accidently let out BOTH Milo and Mick. So I grab my robe (I don't sleep with much on, so it was FREEZING) and run out with no shoes! After about 15 minutes of chasing them from car to car and to the neighboring apartments parking lot, I got them both. And like you said, both wanted back out once we got inside!!
good save Ashley!! luckily, I think Posey got a little scared and that was how I grabbed him, otherwise he certainly would kept going
post #13 of 27
Maybe Poseidon and Pete should get together for some guy talk about their big outdoor adventures.
post #14 of 27
I'm glad you caught your adventurous boy. Poseidon, you can't scare your meowmy like that!
post #15 of 27
Oh Katie I'm so glad you caught him!!! Although, I too wouldn't mind seeing video evidence of "the great chase". In fact, I'd pay to see video evidence!

Maybe if you quit calling him Posey, he'd quit trying to get out! LOL
post #16 of 27
I am so glad you caught him! I hope he and Circe are doing well!
post #17 of 27
Oh, I would have had a heart attack!!! I'm so glad you caught up with him...that's some scary stuff!
post #18 of 27
I swear my heart beats out of my chest everytime a cat makes a dart at the door.

Only twice have they ever got out, nacho and Orion. Popped a screen out Now they are all screwed in.

Glad you caught him! I'd have been a mess while running after him.
post #19 of 27
Yikes!! Thats scary- I'm happy you got him though!

Well, this made me think , maybe you SHOULD get him a big collar and some grillz, and then instead of a big clock- get him a BIG compass, so if he gets out again, he can find his way home
post #20 of 27
Glad you caught him.

You know it could be cause you changed his name,so he wants to get away
post #21 of 27
Oh wow! I'm glad you cought him! Velvet has pulled that stunt on me a few times throughout the years. Let's just say she's got 2 different id's on her for that reason (as do all of my other girls- thankfully though they haven't tried that yet.) Velvet is now used to going on walks in the garden i planted for them outside. (catnip and cat grass and other cat friendly plants). Also they get flea treatment once a month just in case even though they're indoors only-since i have a dog(she's indoors too -but she goes outside to the bathroom-so that's why). All of my furbabies are indoors only - so they only go for walks outside when the weather is nice- but i have noticed that since i've started walking them regurally (except abilene and isabella- they want nothing to do with "roughing it" outside ) they are much better and don't try to escape- namely velvet. I still watch her like a hawk though I'm glad you were able to catch your escape artist tonight lol....i bet your neighbors thought you were a crazy cat lady running outside like that I remember one time i was chasing Velvet- all of my hispanic neighbors busted out laughing at me chasing a cat it was embaressing Velvet put on quite a show and left a few marks on me too
post #22 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilcon View Post
Maybe Poseidon and Pete should get together for some guy talk about their big outdoor adventures.
no way, no exchanging of "how to escape" notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean44 View Post
I'm glad you caught your adventurous boy. Poseidon, you can't scare your meowmy like that!
that's right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Oh Katie I'm so glad you caught him!!! Although, I too wouldn't mind seeing video evidence of "the great chase". In fact, I'd pay to see video evidence!
Maybe if you quit calling him Posey, he'd quit trying to get out! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy View Post
I am so glad you caught him! I hope he and Circe are doing well!
they are doing great! both are wonderful kitties
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie130 View Post
Oh, I would have had a heart attack!!! I'm so glad you caught up with him...that's some scary stuff!
I was really afraid I wasn't going to catch him, or he was going to get somewhere I couldn't get to him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leto86 View Post
I swear my heart beats out of my chest everytime a cat makes a dart at the door.

Only twice have they ever got out, nacho and Orion. Popped a screen out Now they are all screwed in.

Glad you caught him! I'd have been a mess while running after him.
Jinx did the screen thing, one her 2nd day! she came back though
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
Yikes!! Thats scary- I'm happy you got him though!

Well, this made me think, maybe you SHOULD get him a big collar and some grillz, and then instead of a big clock- get him a BIG compass, so if he gets out again, he can find his way home


Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
Glad you caught him.

You know it could be cause you changed his name,so he wants to get away
to you too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Oh wow! I'm glad you cought him! Velvet has pulled that stunt on me a few times throughout the years. Let's just say she's got 2 different id's on her for that reason (as do all of my other girls- thankfully though they haven't tried that yet.) Velvet is now used to going on walks in the garden i planted for them outside. (catnip and cat grass and other cat friendly plants). Also they get flea treatment once a month just in case even though they're indoors only-since i have a dog(she's indoors too -but she goes outside to the bathroom-so that's why). All of my furbabies are indoors only - so they only go for walks outside when the weather is nice- but i have noticed that since i've started walking them regurally (except abilene and isabella- they want nothing to do with "roughing it" outside ) they are much better and don't try to escape- namely velvet. I still watch her like a hawk though I'm glad you were able to catch your escape artist tonight lol....i bet your neighbors thought you were a crazy cat lady running outside like that I remember one time i was chasing Velvet- all of my hispanic neighbors busted out laughing at me chasing a cat it was embaressing Velvet put on quite a show and left a few marks on me too
I'm really glad that at least I didn't see anyone, although I'm sure someone saw me, but I don't know who they are if that makes sense
post #23 of 27
I was actually really scared to read this, but I saw that you'd updated, and I was hoping that it was 'he's come back' - I'm so glad that you got him - I was rooting for you even if I couldn't bear looking.
post #24 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satai View Post
I was actually really scared to read this, but I saw that you'd updated, and I was hoping that it was 'he's come back' - I'm so glad that you got him - I was rooting for you even if I couldn't bear looking.
oh I caught him right away. as soon as he did the dash i was hot on his heels! he didn't get very far at all, but he made Meowmy run through the snow in my PJs with an ouchy foot not a good way to endear himself to me
post #25 of 27
Katie! Oh my, what a scare!! I'm so glad you caught him again!!
post #26 of 27
Bad beefcake, I mean Poseidon. I bet that is payback for calling him Posey!!

But really I am glad this story has a happy ending and he is back inside. Safe and sound!
post #27 of 27
Time to literally put a leash on kitty - So relieved that you got him back!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Poseidon got out!!