Toilet Paper Rolls....

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since we've been to the topic of which way does the TP hang...now onto:

What do you do with the empty TP rolls? I save them & give them to the kitties...Molly in particular goes nuts over them!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put them in the recycling bin
/ When we used to have gerbils and hamsters though- i'd give them to them
/ My rabbit Sophie will occassionally play with them but not too often

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Into the bathroom wastebasket, from whence Rowdy "rescues" and scatters them all over the house. I have found t.p. rolls EVERYWHERE - including in my bed.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I put them in the recycling bag. Hubby always gives them to Wiggies who likes to leave them all over the apartment.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours go in the bin. You're not supposed to give them to parrots because the glue that binds it all together and sticks the end of the paper to the middle of the roll contains substances that are toxic to birds, so I assumed they would affect cats the same and they go in the bin!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Ours go in the bin. You're not supposed to give them to parrots because the glue that binds it all together and sticks the end of the paper to the middle of the roll contains substances that are toxic to birds, so I assumed they would affect cats the same and they go in the bin!
Not a horrible assumption, but birds are super sensitive and cats are not necessarily to the same things. I mean, I've never heard of a cat dying from a space heater with teflon in it...

Zissou gets the tp tubes... as if I could stop her! A while ago I linked a bunch together and she would drag them around the house like a train

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Zissou gets the tp tubes... as if I could stop her! A while ago I linked a bunch together and she would drag them around the house like a train
This is a great idea! I'll have to try that with Molly. I gave her 8 rolls about noon....& they're not all "killed" with bite marks in them.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
None of my cats have ever been into the TP rolls funnily....
I now collect mine (and paper towel rolls) for Lab Animal Services at the university....they treat them and then use them for environment enrichment for mice/rats (who love to chew/crawl in them)

Egg cartons too