Im SOOOO nervous!!!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Deep breaths! It hurts for a bit but then its okay. I so want another! Good luck! (make sure you see them open the new needles and all that good stuff)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that! I have my zodiak (also a Tauras!) on my lower back. Since its gonna be on your spine- its gonna hurt, not gonna lie
Mine is decent sized, and only took about 45 minutes- but I had to take a break because of the pain (but then again, I'm a BIG wuss!) Just maybe take a bottle of water with you and be sure to eat something before you go!

I really like that design tho!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
make sure you eat a small, healthy snack about an hour before your apt. This advice usually applies more to if youre getting a large tat, but since it's your first, I think it's good advice for you too. It'll keep you from feeling lightheaded. a granola bar or a piece of toast with peanut butter are good suggestions.

I haven't had anything on my neck, but if it's small I can't imagine it'll hurt too much. Follow your tat artist's advice on how to treat it afterwards - there's often conflicting advice on what to do, and if you look it up on the net you will hear "never use neosporin".. "neosporin is the best". "cover it for a day".. "only cover it a few hours".. just do what your artist says to do.

Personally, when I have work done it hurts for maybe a minute, and then the endorphins start going and it doesn't bother me at all. It's totally bearable tho, it's not extreme pain or anything.

Good luck, and have fun

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nothing to fear... I have 6. Just talk to the artist, it helps. Here is my newest one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks every one!! the tat is only like 2 inches long and up and down or whatever. but i am totally excited. i watched miami ink last night and saw a girl get her first tat and she almost passed out but is was deff a bigger piece then mine. Also i have a piercing and actually had to re pierce it its not down stairs but ladies you know, where it is, if i can take that do u think i could take the tat? im just so nervous and excited i've waited for ever for this day, lol

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyprincess

Hello everyone! I am gettin my first tattoo in a few hours. its a small symbol taurus symbol on the back of my neck, I am so nervous. hehe but at the same time very excited, does any one have any advice??

here is the pic of my tattoo:
http://www.tattoofashion.com/acatalo...iac_taurus.gif
That's awesome!!! I love Tats!!! My husband told me if I ever got a tatoo we'd be divorced. So - I'm not married anymore and have 3 of them.

It does hurt a bit, but they say women handle them much better than men. We can handle the surface pain much better. Piece of cake. Have a lite meal like someone said and bring gum. Many artists recommend keeping your sugar up. Seems to help. (Also - enjoy the adrenalin rush you get afterwards.
- then of course that's followed by the infamous adenaline crash as well. you'll sleep good tonite
).
Good luck!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks every one!! the tat is only like 2 inches long and up and down or whatever. but i am totally excited. i watched miami ink last night and saw a girl get her first tat and she almost passed out but is was deff a bigger piece then mine. Also i have a piercing and actually had to re pierce it its not down stairs but ladies you know, where it is, if i can take that do u think i could take the tat? im just so nervous and excited i've waited for ever for this day, lol
I think you'll do just fine! I think yours is the same size that mine is, so it shouldn't take too long. I think if you can hanle that piercing- you should do fine!
Make sure you take pictures, have the tatoo guy take a picture for you when its all over with!

GOOD LUCK!!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Dont drink anything naughty (alcohol makes you bleed more) find something to bite on (what...im a scaredy cat!) try to relax and concentrate on something other than the pain.

My two were as bad as eachother (lower back and shoulder) and as much as it hurt, id do it again! lol

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i found with me that i read everything that was on the shop walls to take my mind of it lol , i have 2 with the kids names on. and one on me boob , that one hurt the most, it is more of a little burning pain then anything else. the noise does me in when the needle is turned on lol.

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
so i got it!!!!
didnt hurt as bad as i thought
i will post pics of it in the morning. but thanks all for helping me calm my nerves, lol

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

so i got it!!!!
didnt hurt as bad as i thought
i will post pics of it in the morning. but thanks all for helping me calm my nerves, lol
Thats great!! Can't wait to see it!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got about a 4 x 3" piece on my lower back, which hurt like @$^&%(*&(!!!!! I did get it touched up a couple of years ago, which wasn't so bad. And I have the entire top of my right foot tattooed, which hurt, but not as bad as the spine.

Can't wait to see yours! I'm sure it's beautiful!!!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

I've wanted to get my cats names around my ankle like a chain but I'm a true pansy and hate needles so I doubt I ever will.
That's too bad! Your idea sounds awesome! Hmmmm...I might have to "borrow" that idea.

When I figure out how to post pics I will have to show you all the tattoo I got two years ago on Valentines Day. It's a 4" Sylvester The Cat on my right calf. I love it! It was painful but I watched "The Fight Club" on the DVD player during. I'd never seen that movie before and I can't tell you to this day what went on in the movie! LOL!

Anyway, it was my first tattoo and I'm in my forties and I really want to get another.

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So Here are the first pics that my bf took for me, I love it so much!!!!

What do you guys think?