Toilet Paper - Under or Over?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has been a debate ongoing since the invention of toilet paper. "Under the spool" or "over" it? All my life I have been an "over" the spool kind of guy, to me it just makes sense. However Reeses turned me into an "under" the spool guy. I woke up to go to the bathroom this morning and about 90% of the toilet paper was on the floor, some ripped. I decided that going "under" would limit her chances of unrevaling it again

The funny thing is, I was just thinking yesterday about how I found it odd that of all the things she's discovered, she hadn't discovered toilet paper yet

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither, I picked number three. I can't leave it on the spool since it sits over the litter box. The kits would have it unspooled into the box if I did.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an additional problem. Over invites the unrolling routine, like you mentioned. Setting the roll on the counter, etc...invites theft of the WHOLE ROLL. Aaaaaargh. I used to find the rolls in the hallway, still mostly on the tube, but shredded to bits.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine's actually on my storage drawer thing, I don't have a TP spool
but if it did, it would be over!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it was allowed it would be under. BUT since hanging toilet paper is too tempting it sits on the side. On occasion it has been attacked for no reason and shredded. It has also taken a complete nose dive into the toilet at times.

So toilet paper is NEVER safe in my house!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither over or under- I leave it on a book within reach...

However when Eponas parents visit my MIL always put the roll under the spool which is terrilbly confusing as it always takes me a minute to figure our where the toilet roll has gone

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm replacing the roll it goes over.

If B does, it just sits on the toilet paper rack. I refuse to "fix" it for him.

Oh and our "issue" is Whitey
s plastic. So when I brought home the 24 roll from costco I didn't throw it in the basement right away. Whitey attacked the plastic and we wound up having to throw away about 7 rolls since they were casualties of the attack.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

If I'm replacing the roll it goes over.

If B does, it just sits on the toilet paper rack. I refuse to "fix" it for him.
that's my house to a T....only insert a few of my whining complaints about him replacing the tp roll.....

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm an over girl but when ever Matt changes it it goes under. I usually fix it cuz I hate it under and I don't see the point in arguing over TP. Plus, at least he's chaging it! LOL

Oh, and for those of you whos kitties like TP try cutting the top & bottom off a 2litre bottle and put that around your tp. TaDa! No more way to unravel the TP.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I'm an over girl but when ever Matt changes it it goes under. I usually fix it cuz I hate it under and I don't see the point in arguing over TP. Plus, at least he's chaging it! LOL
It must be something about Matts
I put it over, he will change it and put it under, I have just got used to it now and will on occasion put it over just out of habit, only to have him change it

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

It must be something about Matts
I put it over, he will change it and put it under, I have just got used to it now and will on occasion put it over just out of habit, only to have him change it
Maybe it is the name! LOL I used to get frustrated but decided it wasn't worth the trouble. I'm just sitting there anyway... might as well be switching the roll around. I can always tell when he's used the downstairs bathroom (which he seldom does) becuase he'll pull the roll off the holder to use it then put it back on under.