Now the library is 95% finished

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
very cute!!!! you can come help me decorate colin's place anytime you're in town!!

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is SUCH a pretty room - wish we had more space to do this - most of our books are in a box in the attic!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks good to me!!! Is that wood flooring? What kinds of wood??

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just love it Diana........we have the same taste, but unfortunatly, not the same house!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
the floor is the original oak from 1939... this part of the house was a small farmhouse and the rest of the house grew around it. I think the library was the original dining room.

this is our ultimate dream house and I have told my husband I am staying in it forever, even if I get so old I have to go and down the stairs on my rear end.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

oh yes coffee and then we can talk about books. I just read the Life of Pi about a ship wreck survivor in a lifeboat for 7 months with a bengal tiger. It's an amazing book about life.
I've heard about that book but never picked it up. I might need to now, you make it sound really good!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

I've heard about that book but never picked it up. I might need to now, you make it sound really good!
I won't give away any more plot but its a metaphor for living, anger, trust, conflict faith and survival. Plus its touching and funny and has no sex and all the violence is just animals eating each other
. It's REALLY terrific.