My new goodie..

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok so i am a collector of what little artifcats i can get my hands on from my favourite periods,and i just had to share my new goodie i got myself...and i got it for a steal..

its a Silver Italgo style ring, with red jasper, its a signet would have been used for sealing letters and such, roman rings often served duel purposes. like that.

its dated around 50BC

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that is soooo neat! I've looked through some coins on e-bay from Ancient Roman times, which I would love to have, but I havn't actually seriously looked for one yet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks
i am pretty proud of the find myself. its a very nice ring and i have some detail on it so i am trying to track the family it came from, for me thats part of the fun of getting these artifacts.

and mooch, ebay can be a good place for coins
Pm me sometime i have a few sellers i trust.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love old stuff, especially artifacts of all kinds.
Nice find!

I do, however, need to point out your great typo, if only because it proves how much we have cats on the brain.

You posted that you collect "artifcats"

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I love old stuff, especially artifacts of all kinds.
Nice find!

I do, however, need to point out your great typo, if only because it proves how much we have cats on the brain.

You posted that you collect "artifcats"
LOL...oppsy..musta been because i had two kitties on my lap at the time of typing, lol

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is great!!!!

I have been trying for years to get my hands on a real Sword. almost got one twice, but did not have the money. Same with 1930 tommy gun. I found one once. worked a deal went back in 2 weeks with the rest of the money and the guy wanted 1000 more which i would not pay.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

that is great!!!!

I have been trying for years to get my hands on a real Sword. almost got one twice, but did not have the money. Same with 1930 tommy gun. I found one once. worked a deal went back in 2 weeks with the rest of the money and the guy wanted 1000 more which i would not pay.
what era sword are you looking for? I know a few peoplewho have authentics.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many i would like,

12-1300 europe, Also basket hilt claymore which i think was in use around 1700's and i kinda dream of finding a later period Roman sword.

But right now with medical bills, no extra money for toys. But i would still like to see if they have any.

lol i always like them from being a kid, and maybe to many highlander TV shows.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

So many i would like,

12-1300 europe, Also basket hilt claymore which i think was in use around 1700's and i kinda dream of finding a later period Roman sword.

But right now with medical bills, no extra money for toys. But i would still like to see if they have any.

lol i always like them from being a kid, and maybe to many highlander TV shows.
I can check around i know alot of collectors. I have had my eye on a 1350's sword that may be traceable back to Edward the Black prince of wales, would be kinda nice to own that lol since i love the movie a knights tale so much

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

wow! that is beautiful!!!!!
thanks
its the first peice of jewlery in my collection.