Our adorable furbabies: What makes your heart melt?

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay people. We need a happy thread. What is the adorable thing that your cat does that makes your heart just melt?

Anya has favorite toys and if I go to pick up or move any of them she spazzes into a flurry of meows. She's usually a fairly quiet cat. I think its adorable that she's so passionate about some of her toys.
And what is the main one? The safety pull from that week's milk carton.

I also melt when she meets me at the door every day and runs in between my legs until I finally pick her up and butt heads with her. I love my little angel.

What about you guys?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it when Scratch trills and when she sleeps on top of my monitor--only my monitor, and nobody else's.
I love it when Squee finds something so random to entertain herself with and her fascination with the sink. She sits in the kitchen sink literally ALL DAY.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love it when Antigone smiles at me
and when Gaia invites herself into my lap at the most inopportune moment and when Pandora starts sqawking and when Nike gets one of the dogs' plush toys to use a pillow and when Jinx wants to be near me but can't because the other cats are by me
and when Cybele taps my arm to let me know she wants to be petted and when Demeter gives THE most dirty look for no reason and when Medusa's eyes light up when she sees me

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohh...theres heaps to do with Peedoodle and Kahu! Peedoodle has this funny way of sleeping, that he is on his back, his legs are wide open and it takes a lot for me not to rub his tummy or bury my face into it. I love the softness of the fur there - and he doesnt really mind if I do.

Kahu - he is still a kitten at heart and hes always playing and the way he plays, he is such a dork, he always makes me laugh! And then there is the way he sleeps, its so cute! I cannot help kissing him!

And in the mornings, Kahu used to scratch at me til I woke up so he could have his wet food for breakfast. Now, he just sits there until we wake up. One morning, I woke up and I peeped over at him and he was sitting there watching us, and I opened one eye and Kahu was on me and then I closed my eye again, and Kahu sat back at the end of the bed and waited again. It is so cute when he does that!!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Slayer napped under the blanket with me today... that was a special "first" in our house - none of our kitties has snuggled under the blankets before.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just now, while doing the dishes (I live in the stone age, no dishwasher), I kept getting claws in my bare foot and kitty body bouncing off my leg.

I looked down to see my very dignified thirteen year old, Spaz, having a bout of kitten crazies with a piece of green fuzz.

It so reminds me of when she was a full on play mode cat.
She doesn't often have the crazies, but when she does, I just have to stop what I'm doing and watch with a smile.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love love love that Conner has to sleep pressed tightly against my chest underneath the covers and purrs underneath my chin.
And he has this weird and crazy quirk, if anyone's ever played the old supermario bros game, then you may remember the ghosts...if you face them they freeze, but as soon as you turn your back they follow you to attack??? Well Conner is the exact same way to the tee. If I'm walking through the apt and I am looking at him he is sweet as pie and apparently minding his own business, but as soon as I pass him and am looking away, he attacks the back of my legs with this standing bear-like grapple move, lol. If I look back at him right as he is standing up to attack my leg he'll stop immediately and walk calmly off, lol...sneak attacks are his thing. It's so precious!!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Duke lays on my chest and crawls closer and closer to my book until he nudges my book so I put it down and pet him.

Sibohan it has to be when she pokes me in the morning before my alarm goes off I will get a paw on the eyelid or nose. It just makes me melt, they are so cute!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love when my boys are cuddling

Whenever Davidson comes up to cuddle with me, and tucks his little head under my chin and starts purring

And Harley... I love when he's cuddly and lovey- he's usually not like that, so whenever he's playful- I just melt

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The other day, my bf and I had been gone ALL day- about 12 hours. We got home and as soon as we were in the door, Wonton was winding between our legs and looking up at us with his "pick me up, pick me up nowww pleeaase!!!" look. I bent down to pick him up, and when I was halfway bent over, I guess he couldn't wait anymore - and he leapt into my arms. I caught him and just started laughing, and so did Rick. Then he was purring like a freight train and rubbing against me... plenty of times he's gotten on his hind legs with his front paws off the ground, asking me to pick him up - it's one of my favorite things he does, it just melts me - but he's never leapt into my arms before.. it was adorable

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I love when my boys are cuddling
Yes - cuddling and snuggling are totally the best. I love cuddling them, and watching them cuddle each other.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

The other day, my bf and I had been gone ALL day- about 12 hours. We got home and as soon as we were in the door, Wonton was winding between our legs and looking up at us with his "pick me up, pick me up nowww pleeaase!!!" look. I bent down to pick him up, and when I was halfway bent over, I guess he couldn't wait anymore - and he leapt into my arms. I caught him and just started laughing, and so did Rick. Then he was purring like a freight train and rubbing against me... plenty of times he's gotten on his hind legs with his front paws off the ground, asking me to pick him up - it's one of my favorite things he does, it just melts me - but he's never leapt into my arms before.. it was adorable
I love your story the best, it really shows how far Wonton has come.
I'm glad he found a home with someone who was not willing to just give up on him.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Just now, while doing the dishes (I live in the stone age, no dishwasher), I kept getting claws in my bare foot and kitty body bouncing off my leg.

I looked down to see my very dignified thirteen year old, Spaz, having a bout of kitten crazies with a piece of green fuzz.

It so reminds me of when she was a full on play mode cat.
She doesn't often have the crazies, but when she does, I just have to stop what I'm doing and watch with a smile.
Molly does that sometimes too - and she's so old, and SOOOO fast - lethally dangerous. And she makes so much noise when she goes after her naughty tail - I mean, if it's wasn't attached to her, you'd intervene to stop it from annoying her!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm glad he found a home with someone who was not willing to just give up on him.
It goes show how far Wonton has come. Kudos to his loving humans.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodles is currently snuggled into the sweater I have sitting on the desk here. Her little nose is burried in it so sweet! She also greets me often by running up (or waiting at the door) and then standing up against my leg and patting me with her paws!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Noodles is currently snuggled into the sweater I have sitting on the desk here. Her little nose is burried in it so sweet! She also greets me often by running up (or waiting at the door) and then standing up against my leg and patting me with her paws!
Ohhh, what a sweetie!

That reminds me of something Slayer does - she's the solid black in my sig - and she's very, very good a camo. Anyway, sometimes you don't even see her (she'll be all curled up in a little ball with her face disguised) til she opens one eye - godzilla style.

It amazes and entertains me at the same time.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Ohhh, what a sweetie!

That reminds me of something Slayer does - she's the solid black in my sig - and she's very, very good a camo. Anyway, sometimes you don't even see her (she'll be all curled up in a little ball with her face disguised) til she opens one eye - godzilla style.

It amazes and entertains me at the same time.
My RB cat was a black and white tuxedo, and he was convinced that if he was in a dark place and closed his eyes, we couldn't see him.
He was always so surprised that we could lol.

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by Satai

It goes show how far Wonton has come. Kudos to his loving humans.
thanks to both of you
I could never give up on him. I've been through hard times in life - the ppl who loved me didn't give up on me. When you love someone (or an animal), you don't give up on them without a heck of a fight. He' s my baby
But yes he's doing much better - I don't think of it much anymore, just because we don't really have problems with him anymore. Before on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most aggressive, when he got spooked, he'd go right to 10. Nowadays the most he gets to is a 3 or so.. andn we've gotten good at reading his body language, and if he's in a bad mood once in a while, we just put him in another room for an hour or so with some toys and balls to chase, and when we let him out, he's fine. The Prozac has worked wonders, I'd urge anyone who's having trouble with an agressive or fearful cat to give it a try.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love it when Quill does his little sneak attacks! I'll just be walking to the kitchen and suddenly I'll feel this tackle and I'll turn around and he's running into the other room
and all I'll see for about a minute is his sweet face peeking around the corner waiting for me to pass by to be tackled again.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i
it when I wake up in the middle of the night for whatever reason and realise that Luna is curled up next me.