Great...now she has a nick-nack fetish..

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like atleast once a week I'm posting about the new thing that Reeses is into. Since we got her she's been into:

Closets
Blinds
Lamp Tipping
Picture Tilting
Trash Barrel Tipping
Getting in the Shower
Playing with Cords
Playing with Unlit Tea Candles

and the list goes on.

NOW she's into playing with nick nacks. Next to our microwave there is a display shelf that has some of my wife's frog figurines and other things that the previous owner of the house left for us. Atleast 6 times already today I've had to pick up ones that she's knocked off the shelf. I just got done glueing the eye back onto a frog figurine that she knocked off 3 times (3rd time's a charm for breakage I guess)
I also stuck poster putty to the back of the shelf so she can't tilt it anymore when she stands on the microwave.

It leaves me wondering "What's next for Reeses?"

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a similar list of things that Bean likes to get into. His current obsession is the fish tank. He's constantly sitting next to it batting at the fish through the tanks glass. He can't seem to understand why he can't get them

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried a lemon-scented spray to stop her going after things she shouldn't?

None of our cats ever did too much damage - but we're always amazed at what total clutzes a couple of them are!

And Flowerbelle will jump up onto a table - like Gary's bedside table or something - and start pushing things off. But she just does this for attention. Considering she'll push something off and then look up at us, waiting for a reaction.....

Silly cats!

Laurie

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful with lemon... most cats do hate it but Zissou tries to eat it. She's a nut I guess.

I have learned that anything Zissou could feasibly get to is off-limits for anything breakable. All my breakables are wrapped in boxes under the bed... they're safe there

I guess all you can hope is that Reeses will get sick of frog-killing and move on to something else!

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can relate to the knick knack fetish. I have had to resort to putting museum gel underneath my things to keep them from being tipped over. It keeps my better knick knacks steady but does not harm my furniture. Silly kits.

Tricia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Be careful with lemon... most cats do hate it but Zissou tries to eat it. She's a nut I guess.

I have learned that anything Zissou could feasibly get to is off-limits for anything breakable. All my breakables are wrapped in boxes under the bed... they're safe there

I guess all you can hope is that Reeses will get sick of frog-killing and move on to something else!
Hoping is starting to get old already
Apparently she was doing this for a few days but my wife didn't tell me.

It's only a matter of time before she moves on to something else

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ick, I understand. Conner isn't too bad, but he does like to jump up on the sweaters and coats by the door and hang from them. This only lasts brieftly before the little fatty knocks everything in the general vicinity over with the falling coat rack.

Keep fighting the good fight, lol.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah this brings back the memory of the 'ceramic vegetable theft' episode, it turned out that Radar was the perpetrator of that particular crime (no surprise there!) We are still finding little ceramic vegetables under things
He has also stolen Nate's watch which caused much anxiety and raised voices!

Look at it this way, at least wondering what your cat is going to get up to next gives life a bit of variety, rather that than be bored

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Ah this brings back the memory of the 'ceramic vegetable theft' episode, it turned out that Radar was the perpetrator of that particular crime (no surprise there!) We are still finding little ceramic vegetables under things
He has also stolen Nate's watch which caused much anxiety and raised voices!

Look at it this way, at least wondering what your cat is going to get up to next gives life a bit of variety, rather that than be bored
That's true

We gave up though and took all those nick-nacks off the shelf. I had to glue the same frog who lost it's eye's leg back on. We have a friend who builds furniture, I may look into how much a display cabinet is.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyday is an adventure. After you posted about the lamp tipping, Ben started to attack Dh's lamp in the bedroom. Only difference is the shade is made of paper. Yesterday I rearranged some candles and stuff on a display shelf. All I kept thinking of is where can I put this so Ben doesn't get it.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

Everyday is an adventure. After you posted about the lamp tipping, Ben started to attack Dh's lamp in the bedroom. Only difference is the shade is made of paper. Yesterday I rearranged some candles and stuff on a display shelf. All I kept thinking of is where can I put this so Ben doesn't get it.
I'm sorry that he read my post about the lamps
She's been good with those. I think now that she knows she can't tip them she's not bothering. It's the same with our closet. She used to try everything to get into it. Once I kept the door open for her to go in and climb, she rarely goes in there now.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

She's a calico, you can't expect her to be anything less than a wildchild.
So they're talkative AND mischevious huh?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

They are everything.
BTW I love the last cat in your signature and the gotee like patch of black he has on his chin. He looks like a beatnik...or a meowtnik