TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I feel as if I have been kicked in the gut
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I feel as if I have been kicked in the gut

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
I am so upset, well not as upset as I was last night, but still feel I have just been kicked in the gut!! My brother took it upon himself to inform my DH that hes "been told" I am having an affair! I just feel that my world has crashed. I know what the real truth is.......but I feel that I am being ganged up on.



Life literally stinks right now.
post #2 of 23
If its true then you know there was always a possiblity your DH would find out. But it still wasn't your brothers place to tell him. I hope things work out for the best for you!
post #3 of 23
Here, use Susie's hammer.
Just not sure exactly what to say, but we're here to listen.
post #4 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom View Post
If its true then you know there was always a possiblity your DH would find out. But it still wasn't your brothers place to tell him. I hope things work out for the best for you!
Exactly my thoughts. We're here for you
post #5 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
Here, use Susie's hammer.
Just not sure exactly what to say, but we're here to listen.
I would LOVE to beat my brother over the head, trust me!! LOL.

I just dont get why he felt it was his place to go and say anything, and like I told him, I hope hes got more proof than just hear say. I hate to think theres ppl out there talking BS on me and Im now the last to find out.
post #6 of 23
i would def. talk to you brother and ask who is spreading the rumors. And have a heart to heart with your hubby.
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom View Post
i would def. talk to you brother and ask who is spreading the rumors. And have a heart to heart with your hubby.
My brother absolutely WILL not give out any info, because my hubby asked him and so did my mom and hes keeping his lips sealed!! Hubby and I were up pretty late(3am) having a heart to heart talk and hes just basically not siding with either of us at this point.
post #8 of 23
Aw, I'm sorry. That's a horrible situation to be in.
post #9 of 23
It's not right for your brother to medle, regardless of what he said was right. I hope everything will work out for you.
post #10 of 23
Geez - I'd be flaming! I cannot imagine why your BROTHER wouldn't have come to you first! I sure hope you and hubby get things worked out.

Laurie
post #11 of 23
Thread Starter 
One other thing that really hurt me BAAAAAAAAD was my brother told DH he would rather have my hubby as a brother than me as a sister!! That was just down right cold, and really hurt me bad!!
post #12 of 23
Sounds like your brother is trying to hurt you for some reason.
post #13 of 23
I'm not sure really what's going on-but i just wanted to send some support and vibes your way
post #14 of 23
Oh dear me!
I agree with the others that your brother seems to be hurting you for a reason - really nasty of him!
Either way, I'm sending tons of good vibes and headbutts from Laura and Carter!
post #15 of 23
Wow! And I thought that MY brothers were PITAs.

Hope everything works out well for you.
post #16 of 23
Some brothers need to be kept far away.

My older brother told his daughters (my nieces) that I used to be a prostitute. Now, I have no idea why he would even say something like that and why he would tell his young daughters such a thing.

Sad really that he has to do things like that to make himself feel bigger.
post #17 of 23
Thread Starter 
The one thing that comes to my mind is since my dad passed away, my brother feels he has to step up and be the savior, and take dads place. If any of that makes sense. He thinks since he heard that "rumor" its his place to say something to DH. I dont know..............one thing I do know is I have learned first hand lifes WAY too short to stay mad at people(ESP family) and I just dont know why hes staying mad at me now.....
post #18 of 23
Its very strange to me that your brother is keeping his lips sealed and won't tell anyone...yet he was so ready to spill what he already has to your hubby...seems to me that his lips aren't very sealed at all.

I hope it all works out for the best...
Hilda >^..^<
post #19 of 23
make him some soup & put some exlaxx in it! I can't believe your brother would do that to you... I am praying for your courage & strength to get through this, and for your DH to have the wisdom to find the truth....
post #20 of 23
From what you say, your brother has a good relationship with your husband. (or at least thinks he does, by the comment about preferring him as a brother to you as a sister) If he truly believes this *rumor* to be factual, then he might believe he is doing the right thing by someone he cares about. If there's no basis for it, and he's just trying to cause trouble than you have every reason to him. I think he should have talked to you first though.

I feel that people will either believe or disbelieve rumors based on past experience with those involved and the reliability of the source. I have two brothers...one who I love dearly, (and the feeling is mutual) and another, who if he's still alive somewhere I would not waste the energy to spit on. I guarantee you that if the same uncomplimentary rumor were started about me by both, people would consider the source before either believing or disbelieving it. If your brother is in the habit of stirring up trouble, I should hope your family takes that into account. On the other hand, if you're miffed at him for telling on you, well....that's a whole 'nother can of worms.
post #21 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinder View Post
From what you say, your brother has a good relationship with your husband. (or at least thinks he does, by the comment about preferring him as a brother to you as a sister) If he truly believes this *rumor* to be factual, then he might believe he is doing the right thing by someone he cares about. If there's no basis for it, and he's just trying to cause trouble than you have every reason to him. I think he should have talked to you first though.

I feel that people will either believe or disbelieve rumors based on past experience with those involved and the reliability of the source. I have two brothers...one who I love dearly, (and the feeling is mutual) and another, who if he's still alive somewhere I would not waste the energy to spit on. I guarantee you that if the same uncomplimentary rumor were started about me by both, people would consider the source before either believing or disbelieving it. If your brother is in the habit of stirring up trouble, I should hope your family takes that into account. On the other hand, if you're miffed at him for telling on you, well....that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

He is not one to get into ppls business, by any means!! So im a bit confused as to why hes decided now to open his mouth, on something thats compleltely hear say. That is what makes me so anygry....
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks View Post
He is not one to get into ppls business, by any means!! So im a bit confused as to why hes decided now to open his mouth, on something thats compleltely hear say. That is what makes me so anygry....
If he is not one to get into people's business, then he must have had some sort of reason. If he feels so much towards your hubby then maybe he truly felt like he was looking out for him... It doesn't make much sense, from what you have described, for him to get bored and decide 'hey it migh tbe fun to stir up trouble'. He may not have been doing it to make you angry.... have you discussed it with him?
post #23 of 23
Yep, I really think you need to have a heart to heart with your brother and see what's behind all this...


Good luck!
Hilda >^..^<
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I feel as if I have been kicked in the gut