Kitty Litter Experiment - I May Have Found The Perfect Solution:nod:

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Y'all

I posted a while back how I was tired of clay based litter, the dust and the mess it created, etc. So I went out and got some Nature's Miracle. I love, love, love -- LOVE ----LOVE IT !!!

Although at first I found the pine scent a bit overwhelming, I don't find it to be so noticeable anymore.

Nature's Miracle clumps like nothing else I have ever tried! The odor control is wonderful, plus, it's flushable. And NO dust!

However, it is very light and fluffy in texture (almost like sawdust) and my kitties who are diggers don't like it

So, at my wits end, and determined not to return to clay litter, I went out and got some SWheat Scoop. I had used this in the past and liked it, but it is a wee bit dusty and the pee tends to get stuck/goopy on the bottom of the litter box (which I didn't like).

But I figured if I mix the Nature's Miracle and the Sweat Scoop together, it might add enough weight and grainyness to the litter that the kitties would like it, plus the NM's should prevent any pee from going all the way to the bottom of the litter box.

So far, it seems to be working
This may be the perfect solution for all of our kitty litter needs

Oh and both ARE flushable and scopping has become so much more pleasant. I mean the poops still smell when you scoop but not as bad as with the Fresh Step, or Everclean or Scoop Away.

Just thought I would share!

Shanynne
Extreme Kitty Lover

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
glad you found a mix you like! I had to mix litters too
Scoop Away (for clumping power!!) and Tidy cats (to reduce dust, awful perfume smell and generally poopy odor
)

denrin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use natural wood pellets for my kitty litter that stuff works wnoders, no smell, its just the "opposite" of most kat litters though, but it works, and rarely smells...

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could also try World's best...it has a similar texture to a clay litter but it's made from corn and is flushable. I love it, it's a bit more costly but lasts longer then any others i've tried.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was kinda of reluctant to try the WB because I heard that the kitties tend to track little yellow pawprints with it. Aside from that, I have heard good reviews about it.

But honestly, I am so loving the Nature's Miracle and Swheat Scoop mixed together. So far, no pee stuck on the bottom of the litter box.

Whooooooo Hooooooo!

myfirstragdoll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use Tidy Cat Crystals I jug 1 cat 1 month. I really like it, the order control is amazing, you can't smell it at all. All I do is once a day scoop the poop. The litter obx is easy to clean after a month, not any hard stuff stuck to the bottom like with the clumping litter.

candlemaven

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

You could also try World's best...it has a similar texture to a clay litter but it's made from corn and is flushable. I love it, it's a bit more costly but lasts longer then any others i've tried.
I love World's Best! Its being made of corn and its flushability are huge plusses in my book.

wickedkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shanynne

I was kinda of reluctant to try the WB because I heard that the kitties tend to track little yellow pawprints with it. Aside from that, I have heard good reviews about it.

But honestly, I am so loving the Nature's Miracle and Swheat Scoop mixed together. So far, no pee stuck on the bottom of the litter box.

Whooooooo Hooooooo!
I tried it and our kitten who likes to dig would always come out of the litter box dusty to his elbows and then go tracking it into our bedroom and all over the bed.