Driving in a snow globe!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, have you ever been driving and know what if feel like to be in a snow globe that some 5yo has shaken the day lights out of?!

I did this morning. It took me a whopping 20 minutes to get here... I know it doesn't sound bad until I add that in good weather it only takes me 5! The snow was so bad that the conditions were white out (still are actually) and I couldn't even see the school bus that was 2 car lenghts in front of me. My average speed here was something like 15mph.

So, how was your morning drive?!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mine wasn't too bad today, but my Mom's friend who lives a little south of us in Tuscarawas- bonus pts for anyone who can pronounce THAT one
it took him over an hour to make a 20 min drive

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have been getting some major lake effect snow so I know exactly how it feels. It took us a good hour to make a 25 minute drive, and that was on the expressway!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you in norther or southern MI? I'm only minutes from the state line. Fortunately it's let up some and I get to go back out in it to cross town for school. Yeah!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We has a teeny bit of lake effect snow-usually not this far inland.
I hate driving when the snow seems lik its coming straight towards your windshield-its kinda mesmorizing!! No driving today for me-just my walk outside which when it snows is bad enough!!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Are you in norther or southern MI? I'm only minutes from the state line. Fortunately it's let up some and I get to go back out in it to cross town for school. Yeah!
I'm in more southern MI (Allegan County) I am about 30 miles north ot the 96/94 interchange

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, had that experience a couple of years ago. While not really heavy, huge clumps of snowflakes were falling.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never thought of driving in a snow storm as equivelant to being in a snowglobe, but thats a great comparison!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittergirl

I'm in more southern MI (Allegan County) I am about 30 miles north ot the 96/94 interchange
That's not too far from me... I'm about 30 SE of that same interchange.

Originally Posted by gemlady

Yep, had that experience a couple of years ago. While not really heavy, huge clumps of snowflakes were falling.
Wow, lake effect in southern IN. It's evil stuff I tell ya.

Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I've never thought of driving in a snow storm as equivelant to being in a snowglobe, but thats a great comparison!
I've always loved snow globes and it was so hard to see yesterday thats what I thought of.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

mine wasn't too bad today, but my Mom's friend who lives a little south of us in Tuscarawas- bonus pts for anyone who can pronounce THAT one
it took him over an hour to make a 20 min drive
I can say it!!!
How many points do I get Katie?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I can say it!!!
How many points do I get Katie?
you don't count Susie! You live around here
but I'll give you 5 just 'cause