Need some fertility vibes!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, some of you may know that I'm on a waiting list for a basset hound, from an excellent breeder that I know. She just contacted me last night, and the dam is just now showing signs of heat! She will be mated to the sire between 10-12 days into it...so send her some litter vibes!
If the mating does "take", puppies will arrive around April 14th or so, by my estimation.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
cue the Marvin Gaye music!! "Let's get it on"
lots of vibes your little puppy gets concieved

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good luck
its such a pain waiting on these hounds to go into heat, lol we are waiting on Athena ourselves..

katiescats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wish you happiness with your eventual dog...but maybe try a Bassett rescue instead of unnecessarily breeding them? There are plenty of dogs without homes in America...I dare say there might be a few near you!

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatiesCats

I wish you happiness with your eventual dog...but maybe try a Bassett rescue instead of unnecessarily breeding them? There are plenty of dogs without homes in America...I dare say there might be a few near you!
Some people preferr getting there dogs from a reputable breeder where they know the dogs have been health tested/temperment tested etc.

To the OP, I hope your little puppy gets conceived! I think its great that you are taking the time to search out a goood breeder, and that you have the patience to wait for the little pup!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a quick update, the sire and dam were mated. If all went well, we should expect the pups to arrive around April 11th or so!

We have been waiting for these pups for what seems like FOREVER, so the situation is finally gaining some momentum. Both sire and dam are GORGEOUS champions, and if their matings took, we know they will produce wonderful pups!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well here are some I hope it took vibes..

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sooo glad you took the time to research good breeders. Their are so many bad ones out there, and the sad thing is people don't even know how to tell if they are bad or not. But since you said they have champion parents (I'm assuming AKC) then they are probably good (as long as they get their dogs OFA or CERF tested, they don't breed any more than one MAYBE two breeds, don't have too many bitches and don't breed "designer" dogs, goldenpoos and the like) But I'm gonna assume your dogs are from a great breeder, so I hope they have pups!