Almost 18

caterpillarpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In 2hours exactly I'll be 18. It feels very weird to be leaving childhood behind. But as I promised my grandad, I'll still play on the swings and only drink pink milkshakes and eat cookies for breakfast.

Anybody else have this before their major birthdays?

-Katie

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me no.

and by the way, Happy birthday.

eheh and i would still play swings if they made them adult size.

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear caterpillarpie, Happy Birthday to you!

For me not for very long time. 18, 21 and 30 I think were my "milestone" birthdays so far.

Originally Posted by theimp98

i would still play swings if they made them adult size.
Oh I wish they had a "full" size swing. I miss that so much!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caterpillarpie

In 2hours exactly I'll be 18. It feels very weird to be leaving childhood behind. But as I promised my grandad, I'll still play on the swings and only drink pink milkshakes and eat cookies for breakfast.

Anybody else have this before their major birthdays?

-Katie
I'm 28 and DH is 31 we still eat cookies for breakfast, drink pink milkshakes, and play on the swings. Age is a state of mind. Welcome to being an adult, and happy birthday!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
pink milkshakes are the best!! Happy Birthday! and I'll let you know when I turn 30, any birthday before that one is just a birthday, but 30 is a milestone to me!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm emotionless when it comes to my birthdays now. Since I turned 15 or so I haven't cared. Age is nothing but a number to me.

Happy Birthday! Hope you have an awesome day.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday!

No I've always greeted birthday's as either "FINALLY!" or "Meh, another day". Mine is Feb. 7th and that's all it is, another day. Come now that I think of it even the important "FINALLY!" birthdays I didn't do much on. When I turned 21 I didn't even drink. I got locked out of my girlfriend's apartment (keys were in my bag next to me the whole time. Had to break into my car, setting the alarm off, only to discover my keys later...), and I got chinese.

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the only advice I was given before I turned 18 was "Vote."

After 19 in Canada there's nothing to look forward to but getting old.

But that's years away. Almost my whole lifetime away, and yours too. So Party Time, young one.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy 18th Birthday

I love birthdays, what ever age, I always do a major count-down, like oooo, 4 weeks till my ' age ' ...............enjoy and party, party, parrrttaaayyy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caterpillarpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thank you all SO much.
I'm not sure what i was afriad of, 18 is wonderful! I bought acohol and flashed my id. I felt like i was impersonating somebody!

But I went to a movie today and slept with buttons...
Alex's parents bought me a deluxe facial and full body massage as well as HEAPS of other things to take care of myself, now that I have "one of the most stressful jobs in the world".

clu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Happy birthday! 17 was definitely my favorite birthday. One of my all-time favorite pro snowboarders who is now like a big sister to me threw me the best party ever. She made me this massive cake. It was so awesome. Hope you had a GREAT birthday!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday!! Enjoy number 18!!

Originally Posted by theimp98

eheh and i would still play swings if they made them adult size.
Bruce, we've all seen pictures of you, so I guess you know how hilarious the image I have in my head right now is. This big muscular guy, possibly with his motorcycle propped up again the swings, pumping and pumping with his feet with a giant grin and not a care in the world.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Bruce, we've all seen pictures of you, so I guess you know how hilarious the image I have in my head right now is. This big muscular guy, possibly with his motorcycle propped up again the swings, pumping and pumping with his feet with a giant grin and not a care in the world.
I would PAY to see that!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy late birthday
18 is a big one lol i know I turned 18 on sunday
Hope u had a great one and enjoyed ur day, I know I was like u and I was so excited
but u are right u are leaving child hood behind

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

sounds fun to me, i also like pink bubble gum icecream, and roller coasters.
anyone else care to join me