if anyone can answer me that would be great

pandora_lover4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my name is Sara and i am very new, because of some things i have read i decided to sign up here and ask some questions because so many other questions have been answered so perfectly. so My cat Pandora is very pregnant but she has been giving the signs of being in labor or about to be for almost a week and a half, i just want to know when they would get here, she got pregnant about 2 weeks after we moved into a new home in November. She eats alot, sleeps all the time, she always wants me to be near, i actually rub her belly until i fall asleep, i just am so worried i never would have thought that my baby would be having babies. will someone tell me whats going on please, is she ready?:confused:

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
welcome to TheCatSite Sara. I will move your thread to the Pregnant Cats & Kittens forum where our more knowledgeable members will be able to help you

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Sara and welcome to TCS! I have taken the liberty of moving your thread to the Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care Forum, where there are a lot of really knowledgable people available to help you with your little Pandora and her upcoming babies. It is my hope that you will agree to join the Pregnant Cat Buddy System and let us assign you a mentor/buddy to help you with all of your questions and concerns about the pregnancy, birth and raising the kittens.

Until then, there is a article here:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80724

... that might be helpful to you.

Also, do you know the date or nearly the date when Pandora got pregnant? If so, then add 63 to 65 days into the future to get an anticipated date of birth. You will notice Pandora trying to nest more often, so if you haven't already, set her up with a suitable nesting/birthing area - I like and really recommend a large dog crate for this - so she has a place to have her kits. Additionally, if you aren't already feeding her a good quality kitten food in both canned and dry varieties, it is now time to start with that. Let her have as much as she wants, whenever she wants. She will need all her resources to provide the care and nutrition her babies will be needing from her.

Best of luck with your girl and the babies, let us know if we can help you in any way possible.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Sara and welcome to TCS!!!!

Gaye's given great advice and directed you to the right thread and I'd just like to add on one thing...put her on kitten food as soon as possible as she definately needs the extra nutrition. If you're sure of her getting pregnant mid november then she'll be delivering her babies soon! Get the nesting box/site ready and keep her in an enclosed space from now on.

Keep in touch and do drop me a pm if you need a helping hand!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have received some great advice. Just remember to keep her strictly indoors until the babies are older and she can be spayed. She will get out and get pregnant almost right away after having her babies if given the oppertunity and we don't want that to happen again I'm sure

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Sara

I don't have any advice in dealing with a pregnant kitty, but I wanted to wish you the best of luck with Pandora and the pregnancy.

We would love to get to know you better and hear about the kittens when they are born

If you need any help making your way around, please send me a private message by clicking on my user name. I will be happy to help in any way I can

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Sara and welcome ! you´ve had some great advice so I am sure you are feeling better about whats going to happen

I´d just like to add, when my cat had kittens - many years ago now
- I was like you and didnt know what on earth to do or expect. The worse thing was I had to leave her with my in-law (in my own house) when she was due to have the kittens. Guess what though, it seemed she wanted me to be there and waited till I got back
That very night she gave birth. I had already made her a nesting box with an old box with a door cut out and out some old towels in there. The box was in a quiet corner of the house - which was important cos I also had a dog and 1 other cat

She did it all by hereself and in the morning I had a bundle of cutie tabby kitties.
I had already had chance to ask around and get homes for them all, so I was very pleased about that too ! Not long after she was spayed.

Anyway I am sure everything is gonna be just fine
You know we are all here and do keep us posted on her progress !

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

You have received some great advice. Just remember to keep her strictly indoors until the babies are older and she can be spayed. She will get out and get pregnant almost right away after having her babies if given the oppertunity and we don't want that to happen again I'm sure
Yes...this is VERY important. There are so many kitties that need homes and our hope is that once Pandora has this litter you will have her spayed. In fact, I would start looking to see if there is an organization that will not only allow for Pandora to be spayed, but would also be willing to spay/neuter Pandora's kittens before they go into homes. We do advocate that you do not place Pandora's kittens until they are at least 10-12 weeks of age and yes, Pandora must be kept indoors only and away from any intact males until she has delivered her kittens safely, weaned them and can be spayed.

Below is a list of low cost clinics in case you need it:

http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html#ga

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pandora_lover4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for everything and i would love a mentor/buddy. i will be sure to keep everythin posted

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pandora_Lover4

Thank you so much for everything and i would love a mentor/buddy. i will be sure to keep everythin posted
Hi Sara! I have sent you a PM.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Sara. Has your little girl seen a vet yet? You know how important it is for pregnant ladies to have a vet check.

Boy, it sounds like you have a lot of animals. You must really love them all.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just checking in..............any update, are kitties here now ? from your 1st post its sounded like they would be here in a couple of days.

Do let us know !