I'd like your opinion...

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As hard as it is, I am going to have to take Mixy's new baby to the shelter so that hopefully get adopted. I already have 3, my Sassy, Tom and kitten's mom, Mixy. I am planning to have Mixy spayed now. (New kitty was born with no tail, just like its mom!
In your opinions, do you think that he has a chance?
Thanks.
Angie

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
they all have a chance ... If I was you i would find a local no kill shelter or rescue

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks awful young and those shelters are rampant with fleas, and disease. Do you have a no kill rescue in your area, and you could foster until they find a good home? It shouldn't take long for a healthy kitten to get adopted. I hate to think of him stuck in a cage with a bunch of sick kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
that is what worries me about him being in there. I would take him after he is able to eat by himself.
We have no no kill shelter here.
Angie

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's adorable!!!! I am sure he will have no trouble getting adopted. He does look young though, its good that you're going to wait until he's older to adopt him out. Can you find a friend or relative to take him instead? Maybe put up an ad at your vets or something?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is adorable and he is ahead of the big influx of kittens in the spring. It would be good if you could wait until he is 10 or 12 weeks though. He would still be an adorable small kitten.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, please wait until he's around 12 weeks. Since he doesn't have tail he'll be sure to attracted someone's attention, not to mention that cute pink nose!
Maybe you could start looking for a home for him yourself in the next few weeks or even call the shelter and see if they can help. But right now he so tiny he needs him mother, not just for feeding but for learning to be a cat and other behaviors.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is adorable and will no doubt draw a lot of interest due to being tailless. They told me my Boo who is tailless had 9 calls inquiring about her within 24 hours after I had put a deposit on her. (I had gone back the next day to put a deposit on
Sassy.

I'm going to chime in with everyone else as far as hoping you can find someone to adopt him before you have to take him to the pound. That's just because it breaks my heart seeing all those poor animals there. The ones that reach through the bars break my heart as they try to tell you they want a human and the ones that hide in the corners make me even sadder because their chances are a little less on getting picked.

Good luck little baby.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my what a cutie
I agree with the others, as you have no ' no kill ' shelters maybe you could try to get him a home by other means. I also think you´d feel a lot better as well, you would always wonder what happened

You could keep him a little longer, get some ads up in shops or free-papers, ask your friends and family to take details about him, maybe they can ask about at work etc

Good luck and keep us posted

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have talked to friends and relatives but nobody wants to take on a kitty. I will wait until he is able to eat on his own. He was born on December 31, 2006.
Angie

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by angier106

I have talked to friends and relatives but nobody wants to take on a kitty. I will wait until he is able to eat on his own. He was born on December 31, 2006.
Angie
Please dont do anything till at least march

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have talked to friends and relatives but nobody wants to take on a kitty.
Angie
Hi Angie, what I meant was could your friends and relatives maybe ask about at work etc, you could do a poster and give that to them to put up. But its best to wait till hes a bit older

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, you could advertise now. If you could attach one of the pictures to a paper that says, free to a good home, ready in March, and hang it at the vets office, (sometimes people loose their cats there and might look there for another, and the grocery stores, relatives etc. If you put them up now you will almost certainly get someone who wants him. Try to be a little selective if you can, make sure they are going to neuter him etc. The vets office is the best bet.

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wish that somebody who saw him here could be able to take him. You are all so kind and love your kittys very much.
I will ask friends to as if anybody wants to adopt him.
I'll place a photo of his complete body so that you can see his short tail.
Angie

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you understand though that he cannot leave his mom yet? It doesn't matter how young he starts eating solids, he NEEDS to be with her until he is 10-12 weeks old. He is absolutely adorable. Hopefully he will find a home before he catches an illness or something at the shelter. Youngs kittens don't hold up long at shelters. On the other hand, many people that come in want kittens so he does have a good chance too. I would take him if I lived near you, BUT NOT UNTIL HE IS AT LEAST 10 WEEKS.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
like others suggested, he could get sick quickly in the shelter. i also vote for the flier at the vet's office. i know on some boards i'm on, some people have vet's who actually take in kittens to show them to potential adopters and rehome them. you could also put an ad in the paper with a small fee attatched. also if you say he's a manx mix (because of having no tail) you might get more people interested too. alot of people like to think their cat is part [fill in the breed]. i think it would be better for him if you could place him without him going to the animal shelter.

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I still have the kitten with me. I do hope that I can find somebody to take him instead of taking him to the pound. I know that it is cruel to take him.
Angie

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can try to place the kitten yourself via newspaper ads, college ads, etc... but be sure to ask for an adoption fee, that she is old enough (10-12 weeks), and has her first round of vacs with some sort of contract that you could write up to ensure the kitten gets spayed and has a place to return to (hopefully you and not a shelter) if things don't work out. It might take longer, but I think she might have a better chance this way if you "advertise" her correctly... emphasize her personality, the way she was raised, etc...

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Went to the shelter to pick up a discount coupon to spay Mixy and I talked to a lady who might be interested in adopting the kitten!
Let's hope that she does.
Angie

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Went to the shelter to pick up a discount coupon to spay Mixy and I talked to a lady who might be interested in adopting the kitten!
Let's hope that she does.
Angie
oh that sounds really positive ! Keep us posted !!