Success Rescue Stories in Pictures :D

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really wanted to start this thread because Ginger was laying in the same spot this week as she did the first weekend she was here, and I couldn't believe how much she has grown, and how healthy she looks now! She was healthy when I brought her home, thanks to Eileen's loving care (and her cousin Emily too), but the difference between the skinny little stray that Eileen brought home the night of her grandmother's birthday party and the Ginger Cookie of today is just amazing!

Ginger the first night with Eileen:

You can really see just how skinny she was here:

Ginger on the ride home from the airport:

Ginger just 3 days after arriving home:

And Ginger Cookie now:

Doesn't she look great?!? It's amazing what love, food, more love, and a home can do for a kitty...

Please, share your success rescue stories in pictures too!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awe that so great and such a cutie
I am going to have to upload some more photos now to photobucket, and show u our success stories i will post later

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Crazy Ophelia the day I got her:

Over time...

Crazy Ophelia now:

Dorian 10 months ago:

Dorian now:

Damita 10 months ago:

Damita now:

Damita hasn't changed much except for her eyesight....Ophelia has made drastic changes, though!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok home now
Work made me go into the office to take some test.

Those ae great pics !!! i wish i had some of eazy the first week i or he found me.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My beautiful girls are all rescues. Lily was a stray who we adopted, so she's not a "rescue" as such.

Stumpy had been hit by a car and had a broken pelvis, broken tail which got amputated, and miscarried her kittens.

Her first day at home

And now!

And my big success story - baby Smudge. Got her at 3 weeks old as a sickly little kitten who wasn't expected to live, now she's my fluffy little livewire

And now my big girl!

She knew who she had to convince to be allowed to stay!

And my 2 precious girls together

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Awwww look at all these babies and how they have flourished with you all. I can't believe how Skinny Ginger was
Ginger was soooooo skinny!!! I had no idea! Great work Eileen and Heidi

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Portia when we first got her at around 2 days old - She was found in a furniture warehouse

Getting bigger

My baby Portia now

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
these are such wonderful stories!! Thanks to TCS members, these kitties have the very best lives ever!!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These are wonderful pictures everyone!! It really warms my heart to see how these little ones can grow into such beautiful cats with a little TLC.

Here is Sydney the first night we brought her home. She was rescued off the street (where she was born) by a local group.

She was a cutie when we got her but her fur was like wire bristle.

Getting bigger

and now she's a beautiful 9 month old girl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh these ARE heartwarming pictures/stories!
I'm so glad I started this thread because it really brought a smile to my face this morning!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, Sydney and Portia are such beautiful girls now!!!!!

I can't believe Portia was so little when you got her! That must have been a whole lot fo work! I bet she's really bonded with your family?

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
July 3 of '06 I went outside to smoke
and found 2 of the neighbor's dogs in MY (fenced) backyard. One of them had this poor little girl in it's mouth

That pic was taken just an hour or so after the incident. I'm not much of a dog person, I'm actually easily intimidated by them...but it didn't take me long to shout several choice words....well I guess I intimidated the dog, because he dropped her and ran. I'm convinced that if I had shown up 5 minutes earlier or 5 minutes later, Pumpkin wouldn't have had a chance. Her left front leg was broken and she had a nasty bite wound on her neck, besides the fleas and URI that little feral kittens often have.

Here she is, almost 7 months later...weighing in at 8lbs and still growing. Yeah, she's lounging on the counter
You know who's in charge here.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG these pics and stories have my eyes watering. From sadness to happiness.. ah what are you girls trying to do to me lol.

Well I have cared for a few feral cats over the years but I think the cat that had made the biggest improvements was Prego.. the first feral I ever started feeding.

Here she was on my fence, the first time I ever fed her.

And then here she is maybe a year or so later, after getting spayed and lots of yummy food!

And I havent seen her for over a year and a half

I'm pretty sure she's not alive anymore. I fear she was one of the dead cats in the street that my neighbor and I found last year but couldnt identify
At least she had somewhat of a good life for a while, even if I never got to pet her.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great thread.........all of your babies are too sweet for words....let's see what I can dig up!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

July 3 of '06 I went outside to smoke
and found 2 of the neighbor's dogs in MY (fenced) backyard. One of them had this poor little girl in it's mouth

That pic was taken just an hour or so after the incident. I'm not much of a dog person, I'm actually easily intimidated by them...but it didn't take me long to shout several choice words....well I guess I intimidated the dog, because he dropped her and ran. I'm convinced that if I had shown up 5 minutes earlier or 5 minutes later, Pumpkin wouldn't have had a chance. Her left front leg was broken and she had a nasty bite wound on her neck, besides the fleas and URI that little feral kittens often have.

Here she is, almost 7 months later...weighing in at 8lbs and still growing. Yeah, she's lounging on the counter
You know who's in charge here.

Oh My GOSH this is pitiful look at that poor sweet baby, I am in tears over here
Look how beautiful she is Awwww
All of these stories are so wonderful and you all did so much for these sweet babies. When our Joey showed up he looked healthy, he was eating food from the barns in the farm behind our house or so we think. So we were lucky, but he must have liked our food better.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, this is BooBoo Bailey the day Jerry found him and brought him home....poor sick little guy. He played though like he wasn't sick!

After clearing up his URI, and a year and a half later....here he is!

Then there is Tiggy. He was about 3-4 months or so when Jerry found he and his sister Ebony. (adopted by one of my best friends) He too had a URI, and hated taking his meds!

and here he is now.......

Petals was the sickest and youngest of all when Jerry found her and brought her home to me......

and heres my precious girl just a day or two ago!

Trixie Pixie was the only healthy one we adopted. We got her off of a foster home for a rescue....

and my beauty now!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

What a great thread.........all of your babies are too sweet for words....let's see what I can dig up!
great Idea Heidi!

well Here´s our girl Catulina on the Vet place after her spayed!

And here is she on Home from this Friday!

Showing her belly buttoms get ready of the surgery!

the complete history is on this the lounge!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are some beautiful, lucky cats pictured here.
Just goes to show what love and care can do to change the life of a kitty.