Now I've gone and made myself cry

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remembered that Abby had her own page made over at Quakerville, so I visited and saw it was still there.
It was good seeing the pics of her that I gave them (and of Peanut!).
But I'd totally forgotten that I'd managed to get sound files of her talking, laughing and screeching.

If you'd like to hear her, here is her page over there (I need to tell them she's passed) and her sounds are imbedded in the slideshow.
http://www.quakerville.com/abby/

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
So sorry for your loss. But you still have this to help remember your sweetheart.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I like looking at stuff like that, it just makes you remember how much you loved them and how much they loved you.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwwwwww she is a gorgeous girl. This will be something you will cherish for a lifetime. It may be too soon now, but one day you are going to be so glad that you have Abby talking.

Im really sorry you are so sad right now. I know what its like to be sad over loss and sometimes it feels like its just too much. I will be thinking of you and will keep you close in my thoughts during this time of grieving.

Rest in Peace Abby.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abby sounds like such a sweetie! She was very loved. She also sounds like she had the typical "spicy" Quaker attitude.
I recognize the "scritch my head NOW!" pose, and your lovebird is beautiful too! Thanks for sharing it.

I often wonder what my birds chatter about (it's very obvious it's more than just mere making noise, although sometimes is it that too
), and one of my conures likes to go over to the budgie cage and talk back to them. Too bad I don't speak parrot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peanut was an absolute love.
She wasn't actually tame, but she did spend a lot of time in my sleeve.
She'd even drag her nutriberries in there to eat.
She was friendly, but I understand that Fischer's are naturaly gregarious and friendly (or fearless).
I lost her to night frights some years ago and I miss her, but that is one species I never want again.
Very conure-like ear piercing vocalization.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww don't feel bad for my guys

Abby is in a happy place now, I just wanted to share what little I have of her.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's ok to be sad, honest

Truth be told, it's partly because I'm having to go through a 4 week 'dry spell' before my shrink prescribes me a new antidepressant.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

It's ok to be sad, honest

Truth be told, it's partly because I'm having to go through a 4 week 'dry spell' before my shrink prescribes me a new antidepressant.
I agree its better to let yourself feel but grieving is a hard emotion. I know how much you love all of your animals and I know how hard it can be.