Damita & her pee again!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is the 3rd time I've had her pH tested & it's gone back up to off the charts again!!! There are no crystals in her urine, no UTI, no blood. Her pH started off as off the charts(above 8.5) on Jan 2nd, on Jan 16th it was down to 8.0, now this time it's back up to off the charts!!!
The vet is going to look into urinary acidifiers for her, but he doesn't have any idea why her pH is so high! She's eating canned Science Diet d/d which is supposed to lower urinary pH(low magnesium & something else). She has food allergies so it has complicated things.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to help lower her pH(Carpon was suggested before, but forgot to ask the vet about it)? I asked about our water, the pH level is 7.8, he said it shouldn't be raising her pH....can the water affect the pH of her urine? Could this all be stress related?

I'm just not sure what to do here...I mean, we can't find a cause, how can we lower the pH without knowing what's causing it to be so high??

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awfully strange that she has such a high ph but no crystals?

Zoey's PH was off the charts a couple years ago but she had an infection as well as struvite crystals. She's on Science Diet c/d for maintenance and has been doing great with no problems for a couple years now.

I've heard a lot about carpon but I have never used it (isnt it a pill that you would have to pill them?). I give Zoey a bit of Dr. Fosters & Smith Urinary Acidifier every day. It's like the same consistance as hariball meds, and she likes it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am beginning to think this is an immune disorder not allergies and high ph

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I am beginning to think this is an immune disorder not allergies and high ph
Enlighten me plese Jennifer! What makes you think it's an immune disease? I had a blood work-up done on her in Jan 16th & everything was normal(if that matters when concerning an immune disease). She is FeLV/FIV - as on Jan 16 as well..

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am using human theroy ... pm me ...