Spam or no Spam?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This popped up in a meeting last week. Basically I had "trained" our email filter so well that it was catching ALL the spam. A few legit emails would get caught, but I would just have to go in there a couple times a day and release them.

Last week in a managers meeting, I found out that the sales people were concerned that they weren't getting emails because no one was getting spammed anymore

So instead of a congratulations...they asked me to start letting some spam through.
I don't care...actually I'm letting it all through. Many said that they would rather sift through a bunch of spam to find legit emails rather than to "miss" anything.

So do you like Spam (emails)?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i hate spam! i do not want it nor do i feel like wasting my time to filter through it

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spam succccckkkkkkkks!

I'm lucky and have good spam filtering, and maybe get one spam email get through every few days on my home email, and get no spam at work at all.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Previously I would have voted that spam is evil, but now that I use my personal email for work more and more I find that business emails will sometimes be routed as spam when they're actually not. So every morning I sift through my bulk folder and make sure that everything that is there is supposed to be there. It's a pain, but I've just accepted it.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it! But I felt the sameway in the workplace. Once the filter went on the mail slowed down, mainly from all the filtering but we thought the mail wasn't working at all.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate spam. My spam filter on my email is pretty good. It always fliters out the spam without getting the important emails.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like spam. It never makes any sense and therefore it makes me giggle.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

that's funny!

I hate Spam. I did something on a Rom website to get to the roms and now I'm getting a buttload of spam in my bulk folder! Stupid voting websites.

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Spam is evil! I had spam, junk mail, and generally ALL advertising. Please, for the love of jeebus, stop cramming ads down my throat! - unless they are funny. LOL

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I HATE spam, I dislike sorting through my junkmail folder to find legit emails but I would much prefer that to letting all the spam in my inbox and sorting through that.