Your Username?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine is just my initials. I'd never been on a message board or part of any messaging service prior to joining TCS. Wish I'd been more creative!

What's behind yours?

Laurie

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most people probably misprononce mine. My name is Angie & when I was in high school all of my friends started calling me R-ang (as in Ang with an R in front of it). They would call the name down the hall & it would sound a bit like a bunch of cats in heat. Well it stuck & I must have joined When I was 27. Otherwise theres no reason for the 27

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we first got our computer, my hubby wanted me to log into the internet as 'hildacateyes' but that name was already taken (strange, no?)...so we shortened it to hildacat and that's pretty much my name everwhere in the cyberworld. However, since this is a kitty site, I decided to use the little '>^..^<' which is what I use in many different places. Now I sign lots of stuff (in 'real' life) with the little >^..^<...like notes & messages to my kids & hubby as well as my artwork.

Hilda >^..^<

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used Leto on every site I am a member of for the past 5 1/2 years.

When we got Apollo as a puppy back in 2001, we didn't know what to name him. After 2 weeks of thinking and arguing, we finally named him Apollo. I looked through an encyclopedia to see what I could find, and found out that Apollo's mum was named Leto. So I started using it as my online alias. Have been ever since.
The name really does mean alot to me, more than my real name I think.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Umm..Luna was still my only cat when I first logged on and I consider myself to be her mom.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

I have used Leto on every site I am a member of for the past 5 1/2 years.

When we got Apollo as a puppy back in 2001, we didn't know what to name him. After 2 weeks of thinking and arguing, we finally named him Apollo. I looked through an encyclopedia to see what I could find, and found out that Apollo's mum was named Leto. So I started using it as my online alias. Have been ever since.
The name really does mean alot to me, more than my real name I think.
that is awesome! I love greek mythology... ya think

mine is my name, Katie plus a "fake" middle name as I don't have one, some women here at work started calling me Katiemae, and my birth month and year
i use this everywhere

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KittenKiya is my resident senior cat. He is a Maine Coon cross and is just a gentle giant.

I was thinking the other day that I am going to have to come up with something else because, God forbid, if anything hapens to him, I will never be able to use this name again.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

that is awesome! I love greek mythology... ya think
It's not obvious at all.

I also Have a cat named Orion
After Apollo I sorta went greek myth crazy.. though I think it was a phase.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the hardest time making names and idk y
but I came up with mine maybe for the fact that most of my friends are having kids, and to be honest some of them shouldnt be because they have no financial support themselves and the one chick lives wiith her mom and shes 19 and she doesnt plan on telling her mom for 3 months because a friend of hers told her the baby doesnt need to go to the doctors right away, but I guess that I am a kittie mom and I am so proud of how good everyone was doing (all the kits) and they all came a long way
and I was so proud of how well Bella and Stormie did together
So I got proudkittiemom

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Medievil history and i wanted something unique and esoteric.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have dogs, too but I only had Miagi at the time I joined and he is my first cat ever. since this is a cat site, I went with Miagi's_Mommy..

(we got Tiger in February of 2005 for a buddy for Miagi
)

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,since I have 5 cats and a dog, I wanted something that would show what I am.
Crittermom just seemed to fit PERFECT!!!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I read a book that described domestic cats as urban tigers and liked the phrase. Although mine have never gone out in the concrete jungle I remembered the phrase and when I got email I set up an account for the cats urbantigers@.... (please tell me I'm not the only one whose cats have their own email?
). When I joined my first message board that seemed like a good username so I tend to use it on any boards I use now. I'd never remember multiple usernames!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie is officially "Jamie Cat", because "James Cat", a la James Bond in his tux, was a bit too formal for a kitten, and the name was taken when I joined here and other cat boards, so I simply shortened it to "jcat".