Radio question of the day: 01/29/07

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Considering John smokes, and drinks on occasion (once in a very great while, he's cut down drastically!), its not a problem for me.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drink yes- as long as they're not an alcoholic or have serious problems with it/ Smoke- absolutely not- i'm allergic and find it disghusting.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to drink a little every now and then, but I couldn't be with someone who was too big of a lush. I rarely drink to the point of extreme intoxication and I sometimes get annoyed by those that do so a lot.

As far as smoking goes, NO. Yuck yuck yuck.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Always swore blind I would never date a smoker - unfortunately had already fallen in love with my hubby before I realised he smoked - bless him he has tried to quite once or twice without success - I can't blame him too much as he is pretty much perfect otherwise!!

My ex husband was an alcoholic - I would never put myself through that again - it was like living with two different men to start with - until eventually the good one vanished leaving only the bitter twisted one behind

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eh, that does not make a person a good one or a bad one. Not a biggie here, unless they are abusive and disrepectful with either.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well since I've quit and would like to keep it that way, I would try not to date a smoker, but I really can't say that I wouldn't and as far as drinking, I am very touchy on that, I drink, but usually in extreme moderation, like once every 3 months
so I will not date a heavy drinker, I know what alcohol can do to a family

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I like to drink a little every now and then, but I couldn't be with someone who was too big of a lush. I rarely drink to the point of extreme intoxication and I sometimes get annoyed by those that do so a lot.

I don't really mind the smoking, as long as it isn't in the house., or anything like that. Most of my friends and family smoke, so i've grown used to it i guess.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking is fine, just as long as they aren't an alcoholic, but smoking, definately not.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby drank when we met.Not alot, just a casual thing.So, yes would be my answer.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not date someone that smokes just because I have asthma and my eyes water constantly if I am around a smoker.
I do not mind somone that drinks on occasion, but preferably not an alcoholic

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would not start dating someone if they smoked (drinking in moderation is ok)

When I started dating my DH he had been smoke free for 6 months...he has since started smoking again
I know it's hard to quit but I have been smoke free for 9 years now

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes. It was a requirement that my future DH would have the same feelings on drinking and especially smoking. And that's what I got. DH can't stand cigarette smoke and he drinks even less than the tiny bit I do. Maybe a sip or two a year really. I'm not even a social drinker and quite honestly didn't want to be with someone who was. I have nothing against thoes who do drink or smoke, just not in my house.