TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Sniff Sniff
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sniff Sniff - Page 2

post #31 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
well, 3+ hours later, and having gotten 6 x-rays, an ultrasound, a gallon of bood drawn from my arm, and a pee test, no answers! I don't have a clot, and I'm not pregnant and its not broken or sprained, strained or twisted. My blood pressure on the other hand is through the roof! readings at 198/110, 181/99 and finally 168/101 were recorded normal is 120/80 looks like I'm going back on meds for that! The doctor just said to keep my foot elevated, keep it iced and take an anti-inflammatory which is basically ibuprofen hopefully the swelling will go down soon
Well wouldn't that be the way to find out you were pregnant.. by 1 swollen ankle?
Sending many get well soon vibes for your ankle. Put it up, and watch some cheesy reality TV shows!
post #32 of 43
What on earth did you do to your leg Katie!??! You confused even the drs!

Well, I hope it gets better soon! Did they tell you that you can't work for awhile so you can keep it elevated? Sending {{{swelling go down}}} vibes your way!
post #33 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
Well wouldn't that be the way to find out you were pregnant.. by 1 swollen ankle?
Sending many get well soon vibes for your ankle. Put it up, and watch some cheesy reality TV shows!
yeah, that would have great! watching Prison Break and Heroes tonight (With the DVR set to record I Love New York of course )
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
What on earth did you do to your leg Katie!??! You confused even the drs!

Well, I hope it gets better soon! Did they tell you that you can't work for awhile so you can keep it elevated? Sending {{{swelling go down}}} vibes your way!
I have a feeling its a combo of the blood pressure and not drinking enough water
I wish! I might call off the restaurant tomorrow night if it hasn't gone down by the morning

Thanks for thinking about me everyone
post #34 of 43
So glad to hear that you're not any of the above things...but the high BP is troubling, isn't it? Yes, get back on that medication, girl! Hope you take it easy...
post #35 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie130 View Post
So glad to hear that you're not any of the above things...but the high BP is troubling, isn't it? Yes, get back on that medication, girl! Hope you take it easy...
Thanks Holly, I just called my mom and told her and she was like "you're lucky they didn't admit you!!" BP that high could cause me to have a stroke, and then she said "we'd have to take care of your animals!!" forget that her daughter might be seriously ill, she's just worried about the litterboxes
post #36 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
Thanks Holly, I just called my mom and told her and she was like "you're lucky they didn't admit you!!" BP that high could cause me to have a stroke, and then she said "we'd have to take care of your animals!!" forget that her daughter might be seriously ill, she's just worried about the litterboxes
They probably would have brought all the cats to you!
I'll be watching I Love New York tonight as well!
post #37 of 43
I'm glad there's nothing seriously wrong with your foot- but please do keep a check on your blood pressure sweetie. Heart disease is the number one killer of women- and high blood pressure is a precursor to it- so be sure to exercise regularly and eat well now and keep your meds up Is your leg feeling any better tonight?
post #38 of 43
hey now, remember high BP is not a good thing.
also remember that holding and petting cats lower that, so maybe you should take a cat to work with you.
post #39 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
hey now, remember high BP is not a good thing.
also remember that holding and petting cats lower that, so maybe you should take a cat to work with you.
Excellent advice, here!

I hope it all gets sorted out soon. Good vibes for good health.
post #40 of 43
Thread Starter 
Thanks everyone! got to go get my prescription on break, but my foot has definitely gone down this morning feels much better I drank about a half gallon of water last night

and Bruce, if i brought a cat in here, complete and total mayhem would ensue, alot of women in my office are AFRAID of cats, and I mean DEATHLY afraid might be pretty funny though
post #41 of 43
I am glad that the ankle is a little better, your blood pressure was extremely high too, maybe that is why the ankle was so swollen.

I hope you feel better today.

post #42 of 43
Glad your feeling better Katie! My sister is afraid of my cats too. I have to laugh when I hear that people are afraid!
post #43 of 43
Glad to hear there is no clot! Make sure you keep drinking lots of water and keep it elevated and take your BP meds! Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers until they find out what is going on!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Sniff Sniff