Sniff Sniff

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm having a problem here, my left ankle, foot, calf, is swollen and it hurts!! its look awful, it started on Saturday after work and has just been getting more and more painful, i can barely walk now.... I think I'll be going to the hospital later
any vibes that its nothing *too* serious??

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many good vibes to you! Hopefully its a minor sprain that will heal in just a few days! Meanwhile elevate it and maybe put an ice pack or some frozen veggies on it and take some advil or an OTC pain releiver. And check webmd for your sypmtoms!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH No, Katie, Get to the hospital and let keep us updated. Sending MEGA vibes to you that it isnt serious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Many good vibes to you! Hopefully its a minor sprain that will heal in just a few days! Meanwhile elevate it and maybe put an ice pack or some frozen veggies on it and take some advil or an OTC pain releiver. And check webmd for your sypmtoms!
its not a sprain, I know that much at least, its just swelling for no reason and the pain feels like a deep bruise, I have no idea what is going on, its happened before, but not this bad or long
Originally Posted by Pami

OH No, Katie, Get to the hospital and let keep us updated. Sending MEGA vibes to you that it isnt serious.
Thanks Pami, my mom has circulatory problems and is afraid that's what it is

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tons of vibes coming your way Katie!! When I first saw this thread title, I thought you were loosing more babies & about had a heart attack.

{{{Get well soon}}} vibes!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Katie, when are you going to the hospital? Now? Im getting worried!!!!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Tons of vibes coming your way Katie!! When I first saw this thread title, I thought you were loosing more babies & about had a heart attack.

{{{Get well soon}}} vibes!
nope, all the babies are doing great, well except for Nike, her eye is funny-looking, like dull and bulging a little, going to the vet tonight, so I will have to wait till after that to get myself taken care of

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Katie, when are you going to the hospital? Now? Im getting worried!!!!!!
I have to wait until after I take Nike to the vet tonight, but then I'm going

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

its not a sprain, I know that much at least, its just swelling for no reason and the pain feels like a deep bruise, I have no idea what is going on, its happened before, but not this bad or long
In that case get to the ER NOW!!!!! My mom had a sudden pain in her leg with no cause. It turned out to be a blood clot. It is very serious if it breaks free. It can kill you. Please go to the DR now. (didn't mean to scare you if I did)

http://www.webmd.com/hw/heart_disease/aa68238.asp

Its called DVT or Deep Vein Thrombosis.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get your bottom to the hospital now little missy!
You do not need to wait and let it get any worse. Please go get the help you need
((((((((((good luck vibes!!)))))))))

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

In that case get to the ER NOW!!!!! My mom had a sudden pain in her leg with no cause. It turned out to be a blood clot. It is very serious if it breaks free. It can kill you. Please go to the DR now. (didn't mean to scare you if I did)

http://www.webmd.com/hw/heart_disease/aa68238.asp

Its called DVT or Deep Vein Thrombosis.
gulp! I'm at work right now, maybe I should go right after and reschedule the Nikesters appt

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww...perhaps you just stepped on it wrong?

I've noticed that the closer I'm getting to 30, the longer things hurt!!

Most likely it is a deep bruise or you just stepped wrong and pulled something. Hopefully its not too serious.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch my feet do that sometimes. I don't know what causes it but lay down, put your feet up on something higher than your head and lay there for a while (someone I know told me to do it and it does help a little) then get up and walk a bit. But if you don't go to the ER keep your foot up.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

gulp! I'm at work right now, maybe I should go right after and reschedule the Nikesters appt
Do a quick google and see if the symptoms are the same. Just be very careful.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaylacat

Ouch my feet do that sometimes. I don't know what causes it but lay down, put your feet up on something higher than your head and lay there for a while (someone I know told me to do it and it does help a little) then get up and walk a bit. But if you don't go to the ER keep your foot up.
well I slep last night with it elevated and it didn't help the swelling at all

you can see the difference between my feet here a little (swollen one on left)

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lots of good thoughts going your way that it isn't anything too serious.
I hope it's better soon!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would definately get to the Dr. ASAP Katie! My gram's in the hospital & both her feet are swollen, but one got worse when she had the blood clot in her leg!!!