Have you gotten your W-2 yet?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am still waiting on mine. I just want to get my taxes done and sent off. But nope. my company waits till the last minutes to send off the w-2s!

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you suppose those are the same as T-4's? That's what I'm waiting on too. Last year my taxes got all messed up, I was missing a t-4 and didn't know it, because I worked for the same company all year, but at two locations, and I thought everything would be on one t-4, but aparently there were two and I never got the other one.

Now they're trying to make me pay back some of the refund I got last year. HA! No.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have gotten them however still waiting for some K-1's (Neil has to create one of them for the farm yet.) No hurry as we will have to pay in as usual.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got mine last week from my previous employeer, I think I have just about everything I need tho.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arrggghhh....yes I got mine and I filed already, but completely forgot about the stupid liquor store I worked part time in for about 6 months. It was very very little income and the guy I worked for didn't take out any taxes. Isn't that illegal to do that?? Or just screws me up? Anyways, I'm going to wait until my refund is in the bank then I'm going to file an amendment that should fix it and I'll just pay the difference (if there is any). I just don't want to hold up my refund so I'm gonna wait till it's deposited first.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Arrggghhh....yes I got mine and I filed already, but completely forgot about the stupid liquor store I worked part time in for about 6 months. It was very very little income and the guy I worked for didn't take out any taxes. Isn't that illegal to do that?? Or just screws me up? Anyways, I'm going to wait until my refund is in the bank then I'm going to file an amendment that should fix it and I'll just pay the difference (if there is any). I just don't want to hold up my refund so I'm gonna wait till it's deposited first.
Umm...it may screw you up a bit. Usually the taxes they take out is considered a "down payment" on what you owe totally. If you're getting a refund, it may wind up being less then what you expected (or none at all).

You have a good plan going though. Stick to the amendment.

I'm still waiting for one more W-2. I believe they have to be mailed out by 1/31 of every year.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got miine on the 25th, e-filed on the 25th.....now all I have to do is wait for the money to show up at the bank.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
finally got mine from my second job this weekend, filed this morning! getting a humongous refund!!! I don't know exactly how it happed, but I'll take it!! This will help me get caught up, which I need so bad, plus I've got to take Nike to the vet today

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Umm...it may screw you up a bit. Usually the taxes they take out is considered a "down payment" on what you owe totally. If you're getting a refund, it may wind up being less then what you expected (or none at all).

You have a good plan going though. Stick to the amendment.

I'm still waiting for one more W-2. I believe they have to be mailed out by 1/31 of every year.
I'm actually getting a rather large refund because I have them take out the max taxes from my paycheck all year. This change in income will only literally reduce my refund by less than $20 (at the most!!) the income was so insignificant compared to my full time job. I just want to make sure I set it right, but I know that an amendment can take up to 3 months for them to correct and don't want my initial refund held up by 3 months. So once that is in the bank I"m going to file the amendment and send in the difference in payment.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wife got hers on Saturday but I don't have mine yet. I haven't been at work so mine needs to be mailed to me. Apparently everyone got theirs on Thursday but I still don't have mine, and strangely my check didn't show up last week either (I get direct deposit so it doesn't matter). So I'm thinking that the mail just must be slow or something. It would have to be if neither one has come yet. Hopefully they come today

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope... and I'm waiting on two W2s and I think I need to get a receipt from my school from last year.

I like to get everything done ASAP so I hate waiting.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
W2s are supposed to be out by month end, but I still don't have mine either. I filed an extension anyway, cause I'm stuck waiting on K1s too. The attorney said it will probably be April on those this year.