Feeling depressed :(

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how much longer I can go having my wrist in this splint. I know I had a 2 week break between surgeries but it doesn't feel like it. I just feel constricted and I guess kind of claustrophobic. I'm tired of having a hard time doing things, even basic things. As someone with a disability who is used to being independent, having a bit of that taken away is really bothering me.

It wasn't that bad last time, but I think now I've just had enough. I want this whole ordeal to be over with and I want to get on with my life. Also too, I'm right handed so that makes it harder. I use my left hand for alot of things, so in some respect it's easier, but even still, not being able to use the hand I naturally want to use is bothering me.

All that and I'm just tired. Reeses kept me up since 4:30 while playing around in the bathroom. Her new thing is knocking over the trash can and playing with the plastic bag. Not only that but the Percocet I'm taking for pain is making me really tired and just feeling "blah".

I just can't wait for this week to be over..

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, you'll be back up and about soon. Look at it this way: you can keep an eye on Reese's and see exactly what she does all day long when you're normally not there.

And you will feel a lot better once those wrists are healed.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, it will get better.Just think, before you know it, you'll be back to full swing of things.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, tha's too bad. You never appreciate your capabilities until you don't have them for a while. I remember how I felt having a full leg cast on for 9 months.

Hang in there, make a list of all the things you will do when the cast is off, and take a nap later today with Resses.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well just go over to the window and blow some mega-big raspberries
at the world
Hopefully you´ll feel a little better and anyone who sees you will wonder what the hell is going on in your place

No seriously..hang in there
we´re rooting for ya mate

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
very cute

You are going through a rough patch right now, but hang in there...things are going to turn around soon

luvs2be

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Reeses...I am not sure what happened to your wrist, but I am sorry your feeling down.

I notice you are Massachusetts, I am as well.....I live in the South Shore, 20 miles south of Boston, where abouts are you at?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is just temporary just remember that. Once you are healed you will be able to be completely inderpendant again!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, any recovery can be frustrating. There are still some things I have trouble with because of my back injury.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This type of surgery which should help your hands in the end has a tough recovery. Guess we should appreciate how much we use our hands. Don't try to do too much and let those hands recover. Plus with it being winter the days seem to drag at times!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Luvs2Be

Hey Reeses...I am not sure what happened to your wrist, but I am sorry your feeling down.

I notice you are Massachusetts, I am as well.....I live in the South Shore, 20 miles south of Boston, where abouts are you at?
I had carpal release surgery. I had my left one done a few weeks ago and I just had my right one done on friday. I'm in Central Mass alot Rt. 2 by the NH border.

Mooficat & Neetanddave - Thanks, now I have a craving for raspberry pancakes

I did go back to bed after posting this and Reeses laid with me for a bit. Unfortunately she doesn't usually let me sleep much more than that

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry. Things will get better. How long is your recovery this time?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I'm sorry. Things will get better. How long is your recovery this time?
Same as last time, 10 days. Well technically my recovery time is a few weeks, for the soreness and pain to go away, but my stitches come out after 10 days. I have an appt. this Monday.

I just talked to my mother and my sister's friend's sister just got admitted to the hospital in critical condition with a virus. Her liver is failing, her heart is only at half function of what it should be. She's been throwing up etc.. So knowing that puts things in perspective for me. Things can always be alot worse. Someone is in that kind of state and I'm complaining about 2 tiny little stitches and a wrist splint..

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I will quote Halfpint Lois on this: We could put all our troubles into one bag, draw them out, and you would probably be glad to get your own back.

The time will fly by and soon you'll be complaining about having to go back to work!

BTW, got any pancakes left????

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Same as last time, 10 days. Well technically my recovery time is a few weeks, for the soreness and pain to go away, but my stitches come out after 10 days. I have an appt. this Monday.

I just talked to my mother and my sister's friend's sister just got admitted to the hospital in critical condition with a virus. Her liver is failing, her heart is only at half function of what it should be. She's been throwing up etc.. So knowing that puts things in perspective for me. Things can always be alot worse. Someone is in that kind of state and I'm complaining about 2 tiny little stitches and a wrist splint..
That's true. And at least you still have TCS!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup it sucks. I've been through 4 lots of surgery in the past 2 years and can sympathise. 3 of them have been in my mouth, and that's horrible - the stitches in your mouth are the most annoying things in the world, it's impossible to eat/drink anything that helps settle the nausea for days and your face swells up to twice its normal size

So yes - it sucks so milk it for all its worth!!!! My next lot of surgery is next month some time, so will be posting the same thing very soon

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Well, I will quote Halfpint Lois on this: We could put all our troubles into one bag, draw them out, and you would probably be glad to get your own back.

The time will fly by and soon you'll be complaining about having to go back to work!

BTW, got any pancakes left????
No, didn't make any, although we have shake 'n pour pancake mix that I had Jen buy a while ago that I forgot to use..hmm..no raspberry's though